Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chat room for GameDays?

Chat room versus GameDay Thread

Chat Room
Game Day Thread

You must select between 1 and 23 options

Hey Bytor,

Just curious if youve thought about putting in a Chat Room?

Seems like the game day threads are VERY popular, and I was wondering if a Chat room would not be a easier and more interactive way of communicating during away games? Several other websites I know use it in some sort of phpBB format.

Is this possible?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Chat room for GameDays?

Yes, I did consider doing this when I first converted to this newer format & I bounced it off some with mix feeling about this,  some like the fact that with the thread, you could alway go back and read the interaction as the action occurred - the chat room would be an easier way to interact.

I can start a poll asking everyone opinion on this and we can go from there.
Back to the top

For example, take the last game, on tape delay. Because there was a thread people watching the delayed version (or who TiVoed it for later) could see posters reactions as they watch the game. That option isn't there with a live chat.

Our gameday threads are the most active threads on this message board.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

For example, take the last game, on tape delay. Because there was a thread people watching the delayed version (or who TiVoed it for later) could see posters reactions as they watch the game. That option isn't there with a live chat.

Our gameday threads are the most active threads on this message board.

amen

i like threads… good reasons

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I added a Poll to see what most of you favor, if you could, after voting give a reason why you voted the way you did, so that I may weight each arguments with a pro & con for each.

Back to the top

Chat room for GameDays?

Voted for chat.

I do like the posting thread, but I think that on game day if everyone who cant be there can chat live it would REALLY be nice to have instaneous reactions.  As to a record of the game and conversation, I belive there is a log feature that could be implemented and posted to the website to save for posterity sake.

Either way, im glad this community is around.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Personally, I don't like the threads because I have to constantly hit refresh to see if anyone's posted.  Additionally, after I respond it takes me out of the thread and then I have to enter again.  If I was in a chat obviously neither of these two things would happen.
Back to the top

apetbrown said

Personally, I don't like the threads because I have to constantly hit refresh to see if anyone's posted.  Additionally, after I respond it takes me out of the thread and then I have to enter again.  If I was in a chat obviously neither of these two things would happen.

You can avoid getting bumped out of the thread after a post, you need to go to "PROFILE" - look for & click on "Look & Layout preferences" on the left hand columns and towards the bottom f that page, you will see a bunch of options, check the one to remain in thread after post & save settings. 
Back to the top

I'm not voting and I'll give both reasons why.
1. If the game is on tv, I'm not on the computer OR I'm busy and can't see it (rare but it has happened)  I like to read the recap of the game from posters points of view on the thread.
2. When its not on tv and I'm Man Talk listening to the game it would be better to have some streaming points of view about the game. The new board is good but it can be annoying clicking four links after you post to get back to the thread.
Back to the top

Why not both? Is there a way you can keep the Thread as the dominant format, but include chat as a feature?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: