Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

saturday's attendance

How many people will attend the ULM game?

<10000
<12500
<15000
>15000

You must select between 1 and 38 options

our last home game was 21,000+… we know it was probably 60-40 split, in favor of FAU fans

so let's say 12,600

what's everyone's thoughts against ul-monroe?  think we can beat 12,600?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: saturday's attendance

I feel good about the attendance for this game. I feel like we've come a long way as far as advertising. I am seeing commercials for this game on ESPN and the mountain dew cans. Even the average fan who has heard good things but just isn't sure if they want to go to an FAU game can say for $1.00 I'll check it out and then hopefully we win some fans… I don't know about 12,600 but I'll say 11,300. I hope we're both wrong and it's even more

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

This is homecoming & I am hearing that the USF game might have created a bit of a buzz on all campuses, much like the Bury the Burrow in Red - if this is the case I hope we can draw over 13K.
Back to the top

I hope you don't mind - I added a poll to this thread.

Around 12000 would be in line with our other games. Even though it's homecoming, ULM is probably our least attractive home game this season.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

I hope you don't mind - I added a poll to this thread.

Around 12000 would be in line with our other games. Even though it's homecoming, ULM is probably our least attractive home game this season.

see… that's my fear… it IS homecoming, usf DID create buzz… but still, it's ULM we are playing… what average south florida fan cares about ULM, other than "us" - the die-hard fau fans?

this is going to be an interesting case-study after the attendance is announced… hard to judge right now

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

One of the fraternities are going to Fantasy Fest. Although that's not 1,000 people, it still something. I'm taking a less-optimistic approach, unfortunately, and saying under 10,000. But, I will be there all the way from San Antonio to make up for the 7,000 fans that should be there !

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

saturday's attendance

See thats too bad.  I understand that Fraternities want to do those sorts of things.  But it falls upon the students to create traditions.  (I'm not sure when FAU pledges) However, I know at some schools fraternities require pledges to go to games.  If every fraternity at FAU did that with the football games that would increase the attendance greatly.  With time i'm sure it will happen.
Back to the top

its a tradition for that fraternity to go every year, tradition started before there was even a thought of a football team, they take all the pledges with them as well…..they take around 100 to 150 people every year, however this isn't the problem…….the problem is that every year FAU picks the last weekend of October to be their Homecoming week, I don't agree with it.  There is alot to do in October for any Florida resident, especially the last week of October.  Fantasy Fest, Halloween Horror Nights, Gauvoween (however you spell it) 90% of the time the Georgia/Florida game lies on this weekend, there is sooo much to do that students rather do than go to a FAU football game….

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

jvowl said

its a tradition for that fraternity to go every year, tradition started before there was even a thought of a football team, they take all the pledges with them as well…..they take around 100 to 150 people every year, however this isn't the problem…….the problem is that every year FAU picks the last weekend of October to be their Homecoming week, I don't agree with it.  There is alot to do in October for any Florida resident, especially the last week of October.  Fantasy Fest, Halloween Horror Nights, Gauvoween (however you spell it) 90% of the time the Georgia/Florida game lies on this weekend, there is sooo much to do that students rather do than go to a FAU football game….

Poor planning is a staple here it seems. For instance, Homecoming included a "Fun Run" in Halloween Costume at 2:30 pm (when it's hot) on a Sunday (when no one is there).
Back to the top

jvowl said

its a tradition for that fraternity to go every year, tradition started before there was even a thought of a football team, they take all the pledges with them as well…..they take around 100 to 150 people every year, however this isn't the problem…….the problem is that every year FAU picks the last weekend of October to be their Homecoming week, I don't agree with it.  There is a lot to do in October for any Florida resident, especially the last week of October.  Fantasy Fest, Halloween Horror Nights, Gauvoween (however you spell it) 90% of the time the Georgia/Florida game lies on this weekend, there is sooo much to do that students rather do than go to a FAU football game….

I hate the excuse of "too much other stuff to do".  If your a fan, you go to the games.  It's 3 hours on a Saturday.  Not every college student is going away for Halloween.  Make the FAU football games the priority.  There are 5 home games….that's 5 Saturday's to commit.  It's not asking a lot.
Back to the top
Control functions: