Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN.com Ranks the Bottom 10

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=bottom10078&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2

1. FIU 0-7 "Like A Surgeon": After losing their 19th consecutive game, the Panthers aren't exactly "cuttin' for the very first time."

4. North Texas 1-6 "Born To Be Mild": "Get your program running, head out to the center, terminals are waiting, for the data you will enter." Problem is Todd Dodge and the Mean Green only have one win to enter.

7. Minnesota 1-7 "The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota": I-AA North Dakota State traveled to Minneapolis to see the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota. The Bison grabbed the Gophers' twine and hauled it back to Fargo.

9. Louisiana-Lafayette 1-7 "Cajun Paradise": OK, so Weird Al's parody is "Amish Paradise," but it takes hard work and sacrifice living in a Ragin' Cajun paradise, too – especially this season.

too many sun belt teams in that list, but on the bright side luckily we're no where to be found on that list

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: ESPN.com Ranks the Bottom 10

3 of our 4 wins come against these teams  :-\

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

correction…

4/4 wins comes against these teams ;)
Back to the top

it doesn't make us seem so great when the teams we've beaten have a  record of 3-27 on this list and 6-33 overall.
Back to the top

jdirico said

it doesn't make us seem so great when the teams we've beaten have a  record of 3-27 on this list and 6-33 overall.

:-\

Doesn't look good when you look at that list :P  The fact remains, we are still 3-0 in conference play.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

walty12 said

correction…

4/4 wins comes against these teams ;)

HAHA good point. Pretty funny

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

ESPN.com Ranks the Bottom 10

jdirico said

it's the age-old argument… "is hawaii that good, even though they haven't beaten anyone?"

all you can do is play the teams on your schedule… (now, yes, one day i hope to be in a bigger conference, which i believe will happen)… but right now, all we an do is play the teams on our schedule

let me ask this, which team is better?

FAU: 4-3, 3-0 - opponent's record 6-33
ULL: 1-6, 0-whatever - opponent's record similar

all we can do is play the teams on our schedule

go owls

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

jdirico said

it's the age-old argument… "is hawaii that good, even though they haven't beaten anyone?"

all you can do is play the teams on your schedule… (now, yes, one day i hope to be in a bigger conference, which i believe will happen)… but right now, all we an do is play the teams on our schedule

let me ask this, which team is better?

FAU: 4-3, 3-0 - opponent's record 6-33
ULL: 1-6, 0-whatever - opponent's record similar

all we can do is play the teams on our schedule

go owls

Thats correct. When we scheduled Minnesota, they were up there in the Big 10 conference. The first time we played them they ran all over us. Mulroney had a field day and had over 100 yards and only played half the game before being replaced. I don't think Minnesota broke a sweat that game. Who knew 4 years ago they would have a season like this one.

The conference games are a given. We don't schedule them. We just play them every year.

BTW its 3 of 4.  MTSU is not in the bottom 10.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The one game that proves the OWLS are for real is the USF game!  We controlled that game on both sides of the ball,–with the exception of a few big runs at the end of the game!  Yes, it is true that 4 of 4 wins come against these teams, but don't discount the fact that we have a bunch of talent on our team.

We are not the only NCAA football fans that feel that way about the OWLS.  I even caught two ESPN commentator's say that FAU should of won that game against USF–the Owls flat out played them!

That fires me up!  I BELIEVE!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

I dont care if the bottom ten is apart of our wins! they are there because of us thats how i like to look at it!

Go Owls Baby!!
Back to the top
Control functions: