Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SunBelt Board: Are Owls "Street Punks"?

FAU is taking some heat and getting some support on the SunBelt board.

http://www.beltboard.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=30033&page=0&category=all&order=time
Back to the top

Re: SunBelt Board: Are Owls "Street Punks"?

BMarkey said

FAU is taking some heat and getting some support on the SunBelt board.

http://www.beltboard.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=30033&page=0&category=all&order=time

Yeah, well, if we go over there and insitigate them further it makes us, as fans, look bad.

Let them boil. You can't win over everybody and with FAU at the head of the Sun Belt pack, we're going to have a lot of enemies along the way to (what we feel is) our destiny.
Back to the top

SunBelt Board: Are Owls "Street Punks"?

This is what happens when you win… hopefully we'll get used to it.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

This is what happens when you win… hopefully we'll get used to it.

not to mention this is what happens when you are the new kids on the block who comes in and beats everyone up (excluding troy) immediately…

immediate success for newcomers is extremely resented by others

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Wow! I feel like I just came back from a foreign country. That is really crazy to see. I think it is best though that I never go back there again. I think I might just snap and wind up getting in a internet war of words that I will not be able to get away from. Sore bunch of losers...
Back to the top

A few years ago, Troy was not happily accepted into the 'Belt. When word spread of Troy's consideration, thre was a lot of negative comment about Troy, its small size, lack of fan base, lack of doctorate degrees, etc.

The 'Belt got over it.

Back to the top

I didn't think most of the comments were too bad, a couple of sore losers in every bunch.  We know we've had them on this board.

What I think is even funnier is the thread about WKU being the big fish in the small pond.  I think they are going to have a tougher time than they understand.  I will enjoy watching them get smacked down for a while, the new guy always has to pay his dues.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Here's somthing to think about…What iF WKU got accepted into the Big East before FAU.

How would everybody feel about that? Would you be pissed off ? Think it is unfair ?  Say that is b.s., because they just got into Division 1A football? Well, that is probably the same reason why everybody else seems to be hating on FAU at the moment…I guess it is just human nature.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

A few years ago, Troy was not happily accepted into the 'Belt. When word spread of Troy's consideration, thre was a lot of negative comment about Troy, its small size, lack of fan base, lack of doctorate degrees, etc.

The 'Belt got over it.

Not really.  After it was apparent that the 'Belt was going to lose Utah State, New Mexico State, and Idaho to the WAC as there had been rumblings of the such for quite some time before the 'Belt added Troy, the conference eventually had to go looking for new members from somewhere –ANYWHERE.

In fact, the only reason why FAU got into the conference was to ensure the league's survival or else they would've lost their seat in the NCAA Board of Directors because the Sun Belt would've been below 8 full-time members.  FAU's addition was out of an immediate need–not necessarily a desire.
Back to the top

RaiderInTheZone said

BMarkey said

The 'Belt got over it.

Not really.  After it was apparent that the 'Belt was going to lose Utah State, New Mexico State, and Idaho to the WAC as there had been rumblings of the such for quite some time before the 'Belt added Troy, the conference eventually had to go looking for new members from somewhere –ANYWHERE.

In fact, the only reason why FAU got into the conference was to ensure the league's survival or else they would've lost their seat in the NCAA Board of Directors because the Sun Belt would've been below 8 full-time members.  FAU's addition was out of an immediate need–not necessarily a desire.

Wasn't this a**hole asked to leave?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top