Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conference race

Back to the top

Re: Conference race

Conference continues Saturday with these Belt teams in action:

Middle Tennessee vs North Texas
Louisiana-Lafayette vs Tennessee
Louisiana-Monroe vs Florida Atlantic
Troy vs Arkansas State

We need an upset win by the mean Green to end the Blue Raiders hope for a confeence title.

Looks like the race is down to three teams: Troy, FAU & Middle

Any predictions on these games?
Back to the top

Conference race

I'm not counting on MTSU for anything. But what happens if Troy loses this weekend? I guess they would win since they beat us…
Back to the top

jdirico said

I'm not counting on MTSU for anything. But what happens if Troy loses this weekend? I guess they would win since they beat us…

First off, since the recent post by Blue Raider, let all pray to the football gods that they actually get completely crushed. As for Troy not sure what your talking about. Troy beat us last year. This is a new season. If they lose and we win, we are sitting pretty. Go Owls!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

jdirico said

What does this mean?

Bottom line, win the remaining games, GO TO A BOWL, lose 1 game, plan on sitting on the couch.  All the rest of the rankings BS means nothing.  Nobody remembers who got second place.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

sorry. had a couple of drinks. I meant what would happen if troy loses, and then troy beats us. with both of us having the same conference record. i guess they would go since they beat us.
Back to the top

jdirico said

sorry. had a couple of drinks. I meant what would happen if troy loses, and then troy beats us. with both of us having the same conference record. i guess they would go since they beat us.

Gotcha, you are correct.  I believe it is going to come down to the last game against Troy, winner takes all, loser goes home. The way it should be.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

jdirico said

What does this mean?

Bottom line, win the remaining games, GO TO A BOWL, lose 1 game, plan on sitting on the couch.  All the rest of the rankings BS means nothing.  Nobody remembers who got second place.

I disagree.  Even if FAU loses to Florida (pretty much a guarantee) and to a team in the Sun Belt (Troy being the most likely), the Owls would still have a 7-5 record.  That would be good enough for an at-large bid and all teams going for an at-large bid with at least 7 wins would be considered over any other at-large teams with six wins no matter what conference with which those teams are affiliated.  I'd say FAU's shot at a bowl game would be very good with 7 wins.  That's how MT got to the New Orleans Bowl last year over several 6-6 teams like Kansas and Pittsburgh.
Back to the top

There is a good chance the second place 'Belt team will go bowling this year.
Back to the top

RaiderInTheZone said

dusky256fc said

jdirico said

What does this mean?

I disagree.  Even if FAU loses to Florida (pretty much a guarantee) and to a team in the Sun Belt (Troy being the most likely), the Owls would still have a 7-5 record.  That would be good enough for an at-large bid and all teams going for an at-large bid with at least 7 wins would be considered over any other at-large teams with six wins no matter what conference with which those teams are affiliated.  I'd say FAU's shot at a bowl game would be very good with 7 wins.  That's how MT got to the New Orleans Bowl last year over several 6-6 teams like Kansas and Pittsburgh.

A positive comment from RITZ!!!!

I knew ya had it in ya.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: