Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU-FSU... the beginning of the next F_U rivalry?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: FAU-FSU... the beginning of the next F_U rivalry?

It could happen. Florida State still has an open date in 2010. We could easily draw 35,000 to open our 30,000 seat on campus stadium.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

That would be an easy sell out, the trick would be making sure we had at least half of the stadium FAU fans.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

That would be an easy sell out, the trick would be making sure we had at least half of the stadium FAU fans.

The stadium would definitely sell out, if not oversell. There are plenty of Florida State fans here, absolutely, And even if they didn't attend, who wouldn't want to see FAU take on FSU?

It's not encouraging that they've said no before. But if we play well against UF, it might be another story.

I think it ultimately comes back to the UM-FIU problem: sure it's cool but it's a lose-lose situation for UM because if they win no one cares and if they lose their ranking goes down. The FAU-FSU game is at that stage now… until we can become more valuable. Sun Belt title helps but more OOC wins (Texas, UAB, UCF, Michigan State, Nebraska, etc) would seal it I think.
Back to the top

The argument I see to that is they have been playing Troy for a few years now, maybe we could replace them on their schedule? I checked future schedules and they are not on each others schedules.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

…the trick would be making sure we had at least half of the stadium FAU fans.

think that would be an easy, no? despoite thier contingent down here, for the travelling fan it is 9 hours away from Tally…

we got 12k home fans for the USF game and that was in lockFART…the FAU faithful would prevail!! :)
Back to the top

yes fsu fans are numerous, but I honestly think uf and miami fans are much more abundant down here and we could easily split that stadium 65-35/70-30 in favor of fau

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

FAU-FSU... the beginning of the next F_U rivalry?

FSU has played Troy exactly once in the modern era. That was last year when Troy lost a 17-10 lead in the late fourth quarter after Omar Haugabook (in his first I-A game and Troy in its first game of the new spread offense) threw two slant picks over the middle. He doesn't do that anymore.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

FSU has played Troy exactly once in the modern era. That was last year when Troy lost a 17-10 lead in the late fourth quarter after Omar Haugabook (in his first I-A game and Troy in its first game of the new spread offense) threw two slant picks over the middle. He doesn't do that anymore.

I thought they played them a few times in the recent years, my mistake.  I still think we could fit in there.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

They might play again because Blakeney (or Troy) and Bowden have a relationship.

FAU and FSU would be a great game (especially this year).

Don't you hate it when our teams play big programs in their prime years (Troy at Nebraska, Florida, Arkansas, etc.; and FAU at Minnesota a few years ago, at Florida this year, at Louisville last year), instead of when they drop off.
Back to the top
Control functions: