Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Mid-Season report

since Florida_Owl got banned from Rivals, I see he has been spending sometime on the scout network  ;)
and with his early post from CFN, got me to look around and found this:

2007 Med-Season Sun-Belt Report

Interesting stuff.
Back to the top

Re: Mid-Season report

definitely some interesting stuff. I happen to think for one of their best games in the first FAU-USF should have been on there. We should have won that game and considering no one gave us a chance a lot of USF fans left that game with skid marks in their underwear if you catch my drift  ;)

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Good article overall.  The only mistakes were not including the USF @ FAU game and not predicting the outcome of the FAU @ Troy game. Other than that, pretty spot on.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

ill echo the sentiments of the other posters…USF @ FAU DEFINITELY should have been in there along side mtsu vs UV…

Also, IF (and i mean big if) it were to shake up that way and there were two teams at 7-5 along side Troy at 8-4, then what!?

I cant see all three Belt teams going bowling…….

Troy would be in…question would be then FAU or ASU??

Thoughts?
Back to the top

Mid-Season report

i've been to every home game and watched every road game on tv and listened to the ones not on tv…

with that said, my question…

why are they so high on frantz joseph? he's been good, but tavious polo/corey small/cergile sincere has been more valuable to our defense, in my opinion

am i wrong?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

ill echo the sentiments of the other posters…USF @ FAU DEFINITELY should have been in there along side mtsu vs UV…

To say the least. We weren't even in the top three. That's ridiculous.

I'm also wondering why R.Smith isn't in the list of Top Ten when he's won a couple of awards for being Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Week…

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Also, IF (and i mean big if) it were to shake up that way and there were two teams at 7-5 along side Troy at 8-4, then what!?

I cant see all three Belt teams going bowling…….

Troy would be in…question would be then FAU or ASU??

Thoughts?

My guess would either be the strength of schedule or the record against each other. Like OK FAU beat ASU by x amount of points or FAU played USF, Kentucky, & UF but ASU played ……

Would be my guess

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I'm also wondering why R.Smith isn't in the list of Top Ten when he's won a couple of awards for being Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Week…

Check out No.7 on their list

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

definitely some interesting stuff. I happen to think for one of their best games in the first FAU-USF should have been on there. We should have won that game and considering no one gave us a chance a lot of USF fans left that game with skid marks in their underwear if you catch my drift  ;)
I was one of them.  Hell, just had to throw the d@mn things out.

Actually, we were down there for the game and left at half time (my wife got too hot and we were sitting with the FAU fans, so she didn't want to cheer too much).  I just figured we would watch the game when we got back to the motel.  It wasn't on.  I was staining my drawers as I saw the updates go across the screen on the channels they did get.  You guys gave us all we could ask for.  And then some.

You guys are on the way.  I have no doubt.  It is going to be fun to watch you pass UCF by.  When do you get to play them?
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

You guys are on the way.  I have no doubt.  It is going to be fun to watch you pass UCF by.  When do you get to play them?

New Orleans Bowl this year… if we beat Troy.
Back to the top
Control functions: