Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU makes list of best business schools

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: FAU makes list of best business schools

I printed it out by chance someone couldn't open it. I thought that newspaper required name and passwords.

With the $16Mil from Kaye plus state matching, things should even get better. The accounting program has been ranked high for many years. Even way back when I was there when we had to chisel the numbers on to clay tablets and add them with our abacus.

FAU makes Princeton's list of best business schools
staff report
Originally published 10:49 a.m., October 26, 2007
Updated 10:49 a.m., October 26, 2007

BOCA RATON — Florida Atlantic University has been named to The Princeton Review’s list of "Best 290 Business Schools" for 2008, FAU officials announced Friday.

According to a news release, FAU was honored for having professors who are "recognized leaders in the business industry who offer classes that are challenging and involved with cases from real-world scenarios," and for its helpful alumni, solid faculty teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.

Based on a survey of 19,000 students attending 290 business schools, The Princeton Review compiled the data. The ranking lists and information on how the lists were compiled are available at www.PrincetonReview.com. A 816-page printed edition, published by Random House, is available for $22.95 at bookstores.

"The inclusion in this ranking demonstrates that FAU’s Barry Kaye College of Business is successful in bridging the gap between theory and practice," said Dennis Coates, the college’s dean, in the news release. "Our faculty relates to the world of business, and our graduates owe much of their success in business to this exposure as students."

For more information about FAU’s business college, go to www.business.fau.edu.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU makes list of best business schools

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

It's great to get on the list. But the Top 290? How many were eligible?
Back to the top

grayowl said

Exactly. Best out of 290? Are there more than 290 business schools in the U.S.?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

grayowl said

Exactly. Best out of 290? Are there more than 290 business schools in the U.S.?

How many just in the state of Florida, 15+? This would include private schools like UM and Nova as well as public. So there are quite a few in the U.S. and more than you think.

Back to the top

Isn't FIU's business school the best in the universe :-\
Back to the top

Talon said

Thats what they claim although I don't see them on the list of best southeastern schools (above).

Back to the top

Talon said

???  Huh?….. ;D  Let me bring some other factual rankings here, with all respect, which I hope helps you all in your questions about FIU World Recognized College of Business.  But first, understand that achievements by one school doesn't take away the achievements of the other.  FIU College of Business was also included in those rankings of Princeton….not only in Business, but our fledging College of Law as well as one of the top 170 Law Schools in the nation  Look it up…..  FIU was actually ranked in the top 10 in one category, while the College of Law was ranked in the top 10 in two categories.

http://news.fiu.edu/releases/2007/10-12_princetonreview.htm

http://www.princetonreview.com/mba/research/rankings/rankings.asp

I did find interesting that FIU had a rating in "admissions selectivity rating" of 92  (See FIU Admissions Selectivity Rating, while FAU is 78 (See FAU Selectivity Rating  Again, look it up.

Another ranking type news that just came out by the Financial Times Magazine, ranks FIU as one of the best Executive MBA's programs of the World (Sorry, not the Universe :D).  It was ranked #81 in the world…and 37th in the nation.  See Link and story below.  I wonder which school is missing?…

FIU’s Executive MBA ranked among the best programs in the world

MIAMI, FL (Oct. 24, 2007) – The Financial Times has released this year’s global ranking of Executive Masters of Business Administration programs and Florida International University Chapman Graduate School of Business’ ranked 81st in the world, and 37th among U.S. graduate schools of business.

University of Miami and University of Florida’s programs were the only other Florida EMBAs ranked, at number 83 and 84 respectively. The ranking includes some of the best-known business schools in the United States, as well as throughout Europe, China, Canada and Brazil.

The Financial Times conducts two sets of surveys to compile its lists; one is completed by alumni, the other by business school officials.

More than 8,000 alumni from 107 programs were contacted for this year’s ranking and more than half completed the online questionnaires. Officials from 107 business schools around the world responded to the survey. The Financial Times collected data related to alumni salary and career progression since earning the EMBA, work experience and position within the company.

Other criteria include the quality of the faculty, diversity within each school, the number of articles published by the faculty and the selectivity of each program.

“We continue to get excellent feedback from our alumni as well as from the business community,” said Executive Dean of the FIU College of Business Administration (CBA) Joyce J. Elam. “We are pleased to be ranked by The Financial Times for the second consecutive year.”

FIU’s CBA enjoys a national and global reputation in international business education at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. For the past four years, U.S. News & World Report has included the college in the top fifteen in its rankings of the nation’s best undergraduate international business programs, listing, it in the top 10 three times. The same magazine ranked the college’s graduate international business programs among the nation’s top 25. FIU’s business programs also have been ranked in Business Week, América Economía, Latin Trade, Fortune Small Business, Hispanic Business and Hispanic Trends, among others.

For the Financial Times list of the top EMBA programs, visit http://rankings.ft.com/emba-rankings

Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

???  Huh?….. ;D  Let me bring some other factual rankings here, with all respect, which I hope helps you all in your questions about FIU World Recognized College of Business. 

Okay but if a school calls itself "Florida International" it SHOULD have some programs that are "world-recognized." World-recognized… what does that really even mean, anyway? Businessmen in Egypt applaud the accomplishments of the FIU College of Business? In Zimbabwe, they'll be impressed that you went to FIU?

Something that bothers me about both schools is the overuse of the words "world-class" in everything. These are fourth-tier schools. If this is a "world-class education" then what does a first-tier school offer?

Back to the top
Control functions: