Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bad officiating

I am currently a student at FAu and I must say I was disgusted at how the ULM football team carried themselves after the game.  This game in my book is the worst officiated football game I have ever seen.  There were so many blown calls which did make a big differnce within this game for FAU.  For instance I didn't know referees take 10 mins to decide a play in OT.  The fans that stayed were able to see how certain calls were given to ULM , the pushes in the back, and certain pass interference calls went undetected by these ref's.  The last play of the game was a serious push in the back which left an FAu player diving at dirt and watching Dawson run and taunt the FAU student section.  Honestly, people were actually throwing drinks and other things at the crowd of players from ULM after their win.  I can see as a fan the frustration and the anger of how FAU was cut short in this game, but the sportsmanship was not there; it was a crazy site to watch.  A fan actually threw a drink onto the field and almot hit a ref, who knows he probably was the same ref who saw that push in the back for the last play of the game. I think the Sun belt should issue a few suspensions on that incident because honestly someone could've got hurt. As a fan and student I do see the mountains we have to climb as a program, But one thing I do believe is  that we will become a national power as well as National champions, not within several decades but soon enough.
Back to the top

Re: Bad officiating

Bad officiating

How about that non-interference call late when the ULM player was riding the FAU receiver's back? Or the obvious face mask of an FAU player on the drive that resulted in a FG.

That re-do of the second to last ULM blocked FG was just moronic.

The refs explained (overheard on the sideline) that there was an "illegally advancing the ball penalty" against ULM on the FG try, and then an inadvertent whistle before the FAU player fell on the ball at the end zone. So ULM actually benefitted from its own mistake / penalty and got another try.

How about FAU's block of four consecutive FGs! Wow.

… Or the failure to try a FG twice in the first half, only to fail to convert on the fourth downs. Bad decisions.

FAU played great run defense most of the game (with a few big errors), but let ULM burn it in the air. The sad part about that final play is how that RB was trapped behind the line and all FAU had to do was wrap him up or knock him out of bounds, but no one could get him for more than 30 yards down the edge of the sideline. And it looked likre he stepped out.

Just sickening.

Back to the top

The officiating was "inconsistent" to say the least, but I've come to expect that from these Sun Belt crews.  Taking 10 minutes to make a call in the 2nd OT was just as ridiculous as the actual call.  I'm not going to blame the loss on the refs since despite the calls, bad plays, and even rain, we had numerous chances to get a win and came up short.
Back to the top

I took a nap in those 10 mins that it took them to play "rock paper scissors" to try and see who was right.  it was like watching a bunch of 4 year kids just make up the rules as they go.  This was one of the WORST called games i have ever seen!!!!  They really blew it!
Back to the top

The officiating was typical for the Sunbelt but it didn't cost us that game, it was a few bad play calls (in my opinion) and we just didn't get it done when we had to.  That was one of the most ridiculous but exciting endings to a game I've seen, but it seemed like the college football version of the Keystone Cops.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: