Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ULM antics after the game

I am not sure how many of you stuck around to see but I have to say I was appalled by the sportsmanship of ULM and even more shocked their coach would let them get away with something like that.

For those who did not see it, after ULM scored the winning TD their entire team lined up against the fence in our end zone and they were flicking off the fans, they were yelling at us, they were screaming and cursing at us, it looked as if they were ready to hop over the fence and fight with us.

OK so you beat us, it was a hard fought game in the rain, did you expect to come into Lockhart and not have the other teams fans scream at you the entire game?

I think it was disgusting and I think ULM and their entire athletic department owe us an apology

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: ULM antics after the game

I think suspensions are in order, that was the WORST display of sportsmenship I've ever seen.  When you rush the Field, you rush the FIELD, not the other team's student section.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

I think suspensions are in order, that was the WORST display of sportsmenship I've ever seen.  When you rush the Field, you rush the FIELD, not the other team's student section.

I understand if they are happy, they upset us. The officiating didn't help but still you don't taunt the other teams fans. I said to my friends after that if we ever did that Howard would (excuse my language) rip their balls off! He would have no such thing. It was utterly disgusting what they did

Back to the top

id agree what they did was awful, but how about that student section, there weren't many left at the but we stayed, soaking wet, screaming our heads off and running from end zone to end zone just to help our owls, i guess thats one advantage of low attendance, we can move to the end of the field that helps us, and in the end the students restrained themselves quite well
Back to the top

der said

id agree what they did was awful, but how about that student section, there weren't many left at the but we stayed, soaking wet, screaming our heads off and running from end zone to end zone just to help our owls, i guess thats one advantage of low attendance, we can move to the end of the field that helps us, and in the end the students restrained themselves quite well
I don't know who was responsible for the end zone hopping but it was crazy! haha great idea. Hutton commented about it in his blog. It seems as if the second it rained half the stadium including the prOWLers left. It was the most fun I have probably ever had at an FAU game. The rain made it even more exciting, who cares if you get sick tomorrow lol

Back to the top

I unfortunately found myself in the middle of the ULM players as they literally attacked the FAU student section. They were cussing, flipping-off and screaming. A number of them climbed the fnce and were on their way over to physically attack the Owl fans until a few of the cops and their coaches did their best to push and shive the crazed (and I mean crazy!) players back.

It was the most classless display of "sportsmanship" I have ever witnessed (and I have been to a UCF basketball games).

FAU must file a complaint with the SunBelt and NCAA. There must be a lot of video from this incident.

Players and coaches should be held acountable for this melee, which came a hair's width from erupting in a full blown riot.

ULM showed its true colors as the game ended. Slime green.

The War Hawks lost in the win.
Back to the top

I want to see Howard's reaction to all of this. When something like this happens you can't be conservative and let it go. The first thing that should happen is ULM's athletic director & coaching staff should issue an apology to FAU, it's players and it's fans. We should show this to the NCAA and file a complaint. Something needs to be done to prevent this from possibly being worse in the future. Didn't they learn anything from the Malice in the Palace? If they had come into the stands someone could have gotten seriously hurt. How do you defend yourself against a guy in full pads and a helmet.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

I unfortunately found myself in the middle of the ULM players as they literally attacked the FAU student section. They were cussing, flipping-off and screaming. A number of them climbed the fnce and were on their way over to physically attack the Owl fans until a few of the cops and their coaches did their best to push and shive the crazed (and I mean crazy!) players back.

It was the most classless display of "sportsmanship" I have ever witnessed (and I have been to a UCF basketball games).

FAU must file a complaint with the SunBelt and NCAA. There must be a lot of video from this incident.

Players and coaches should be held acountable for this melee, which came a hair's width from erupting in a full blown riot.

ULM showed its true colors as the game ended. Slime green.

The War Hawks lost in the win.

I was about ten feet from where the players were lining up and as it started I said to my friends, "We have to get out of here before we get implicated in a full-out war."

People were thisclose from fighting. I'm glad we didn't.

I too think it was awful sportsmanship – it was a reaction to FAU fans shouting terrible things at the ULM players as we did the Endzone Shuffle. FAU fans weren't innocent but the difference here is that we're fans – alot of them drunk – and they are sober, "professional" college football players. They are supposed to exercise restraint. We are not (and the cops are there to remind us of that if we get thoughts otherwise)

Back to the top

ULM antics after the game

From where I was seating, it didn't look good and could have easily escalated into something very bad, the ULM players didn't show much class and should be reprimaned for thier action.  No excuse for such behavior.
Back to the top

I was right there..not even 10 feet, I have NEVER SEENS SOMETHING SOOOOO GROSS in my life.

Sportsmanship can not even be used as a word in this conversation b/c there was none.

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen.  I was on the front bar and the players came right to me (i was next to Jab).  One of them threw something at me and i was ready to jump the fence…..i was on the fence.  Thank god someone pulled me back off the fence cause i was pi$$ed.

As stated in the game recap, if i would have pulled this in high school i would have probally faced suspension, if not dismissall from the team.

Sad thing is they couldn't take the game that was handed to them until the 3rd OT.  I was proud of our players getting out of there, because that could have became even worse.
Back to the top
Control functions: