Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kicking Game

If we ever attempt to kick the ball again .......arrrrrgh
Back to the top

Re: Kicking Game

I think ULM has the same feelings.
Back to the top

well the kicking game was good today, with some touchbacks and Leroy making some clutch field goals to keep us in the game.....good to see him bounce back cause we r gonna need him in the home stretch of our conference games
Back to the top

I wasn't picking on Leroy by himself. The snapper and holder share some blame too. It is the lack of confidence in the kicking game by the coaching staff that puts us in situations that we wouldn't be in if the kicking game was an asset rather than a liability.  Leroy did come through during overtime.
Back to the top

Kicking Game

I see where you are going with this, we have been going for a lot of fourth & short, honestly Leroy had ONE bad game and has been solid for the most part ALL season.  We have been pretty efficient converting them to.  I think we miss Edgecomb in these situation, it gives us more options.

There where times during the game I questioned some of the play calling, and now left wondering if losing Edgecomb has left the coaching staff finding plays, with the current personel on the fild, that would necessarily have been call had Edgecomb been in.

Leroy, I thought did very well considering the pressure he was under, most of the game, to bounce back with a solid preformance, yes he did miss one, compared to how many by the Warhawk kicker??

As a hole the kicking game was much improved yesterday, their confience is coming back at a good time.
Back to the top

I still think this is where we need to focus this upcoming season, D looks GREAT, O looks good, Sp. Teams (kicking included) has more holes than swiss cheese.
Back to the top

Bytor said

There where times during the game I questioned some of the play calling, and now left wondering if losing Edgecomb has left the coaching staff finding plays, with the current personel on the fild, that would necessarily have been call had Edgecomb been in.

you mean like 7 draw plays for a total of like 12 yards? ;)
Back to the top

I respectfully disagree.  Keegan was kicking off and his touchbacks were aided by a strong wind to his back.  When the wind died down at the end of the game, his kickoff went to the 15 yard line.  Groody takes way too much time to get his kicks off.  Every punt is an adventure.  Almost every punt was nearly blocked, and his hang time is very short.  Lastly, Mr. Leroy.  what can I say about him.  He did bounceback rather nicely and from the stands, it is always hard to see why the kick was blocked.  Was it a poor trajectory or piss poor blocking?  Either way, our special teams will continue to keep us from reaching that next level. 
Back to the top

At least one of the fourth down situations in the first half should have included a FG try. Those three points … FAU has to help its kicker improve and find someone who can do the job. Heck, the women who won the soda contest made her FG!

Back to the top
Control functions: