Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU makes list of best business schools

Add topic

Re: FAU makes list of best business schools

FAU makes list of best business schools

owlcountry said

FIUFanatic said

???  Huh?….. ;D  Let me bring some other factual rankings here, with all respect, which I hope helps you all in your questions about FIU World Recognized College of Business. 

Okay but if a school calls itself "Florida International" it SHOULD have some programs that are "world-recognized." World-recognized… what does that really even mean, anyway? Businessmen in Egypt applaud the accomplishments of the FIU College of Business? In Zimbabwe, they'll be impressed that you went to FIU?

Something that bothers me about both schools is the overuse of the words "world-class" in everything. These are fourth-tier schools. If this is a "world-class education" then what does a first-tier school offer?

I think the name of the University has little to it..that's kind of shallow argument.  If not then..what does "Atlantic"- recognized mean in your opinion?

I agree the rankings don't..or shouldn't mean everything by themselves, but they could be telling.  They are just rankings with their subjectivity as part of it.  It's just in the context these rankings were brought up here, and to correct posters here in that  mentioned FIU wasn't included in the Princeton Review ranking,  implying, somehow, that it meant FIU College of Business wasn't as good as the ones listed there.  That's all.

The Financial Times rankings, if you read it, is not circumscribed only to the U.S. (It ranks it on a "world" basis)  It means their ranking also includes the top U.S. graduate College of Busineses, and FIU was one of only 3 Florida Universities listed(#37 in the U.S).. followed by UF and Miami.  So, it also means that businessmen in New York, Florida, California, and Illinois, "applaud the accomplishments of the FIU College of Business" (and FAU also, by the way).  It's not FIU or FAU making up those rankings.  It's outside people, with its own reputation on the line (Princeton Review), that have the same rights..or even more…than the dozens of other rankings that exist out there, which may be more or less subjective in nature than this one (Read:  US News and World Report..that you are making reference to).

Point is, that the fact FIU or FAU (in this debate) may or may not be listed in one, some, or all of the rankings one might want to bring, doesn't mean they are not good business schools.  It's evident to me that  BOTH are.  But, if you are going to bring in a ranking to make a point (erroneous to begin with) of how superior or inferior a school is related to the other, at least read it  in its entirety and correctly, because facts are easy to look up, and they can make you look bad.
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

owlcountry said

FIUFanatic said

???  Huh?….. ;D  Let me bring some other factual rankings here, with all respect, which I hope helps you all in your questions about FIU World Recognized College of Business. 

Okay but if a school calls itself "Florida International" it SHOULD have some programs that are "world-recognized." World-recognized… what does that really even mean, anyway? Businessmen in Egypt applaud the accomplishments of the FIU College of Business? In Zimbabwe, they'll be impressed that you went to FIU?

Something that bothers me about both schools is the overuse of the words "world-class" in everything. These are fourth-tier schools. If this is a "world-class education" then what does a first-tier school offer?

I think the name of the University has little to it..that's kind of shallow argument.  If not then..what does "Atlantic"- recognized mean in your opinion?

I agree the rankings don't..or shouldn't mean everything by themselves, but they could be telling.  They are just rankings with their subjectivity as part of it.  It's just in the context these rankings were brought up here, and to correct posters here in that  mentioned FIU wasn't included in the Princeton Review ranking,  implying, somehow, that it meant FIU College of Business wasn't as good as the ones listed there.  That's all.

The Financial Times rankings, if you read it, is not circumscribed only to the U.S. (It ranks it on a "world" basis)  It means their ranking also includes the top U.S. graduate College of Busineses, and FIU was one of only 3 Florida Universities listed(#37 in the U.S).. followed by UF and Miami.  So, it also means that businessmen in New York, Florida, California, and Illinois, "applaud the accomplishments of the FIU College of Business" (and FAU also, by the way).  It's not FIU or FAU making up those rankings.  It's outside people, with its own reputation on the line (Princeton Review), that have the same rights..or even more…than the dozens of other rankings that exist out there, which may be more or less subjective in nature than this one (Read:  US News and World Report..that you are making reference to).

Point is, that the fact FIU or FAU (in this debate) may or may not be listed in one, some, or all of the rankings one might want to bring, doesn't mean they are not good business schools.  It's evident to me that  BOTH are.  But, if you are going to bring in a ranking to make a point (erroneous to begin with) of how superior or inferior a school is related to the other, at least read it  in its entirety and correctly, because facts are easy to look up, and they can make you look bad.

Well said FIUFanatic! Go FIU!
Back to the top

Both business schools are good.

I've never worked along side any FIU accounting grads but I have worked with UF, FSU, UNF, UGA, GSU, Valdosta State, Alabama, JU and other university accounting grads. Now that list includes universities up here in Illinois. I felt I was just as prepared than most and better prepared than the rest. My degree in accounting from FAU was never a weak point for me and I'm sure it isn't for FIU grads.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: