Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone notice the Sentinel

… has a picture from the Arkansas-FIU game on OUR homepage? I can understand the national media still getting us confused, but why the hell can't the local Sun-Sentinel get their act together?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Anyone notice the Sentinel

And the caption underneath the picture is for the FAU vs ULM game

Link to the Sun-Sentinel FAU home page

Caption: "BOX SCORE: Louisiana-Monroe 33, FAU 30"
Back to the top

More than 2 days later and the Sentinel hasn't fixed this faux pas yet. What's the deal? I think the Sen-Sentinel just plain hates FAU.

Back to the top

OK half a week later and the Sentinel still thinks we lost to Arkansas on Sunday. How hard is it for their Web people to swap out a frigging photo. Absolute morons!!

Plus I don't know how many of you have noticed, but Uncle Teddy doesn't really even write for the newspaper anymore. Sure he blogs all the time, but he only has stories in the actual paper like maybe 3 days a week. What the hell is up with that?

On the other hand, Marcus Nelson has stuff in the paper just about every day (I really like the FAU Extra stuff cuz they treat us the same as UF, FSU and (sc)UM), PLUS he also blogs just about every day too.

Now I know a lot of people will say the blogs are all that matters, but there are a TON of people who don't read the message board and don't read the blogs that only read the paper. It's hard to grow a fan base when you cater only to the people who already are looking for information.

I mean as an example my parents never read about FAU online, but they read the papers. And after getting them to go to a game last season, they started following the team and now are season-ticket holders and they still don't read any of the stuff online.

Don't you think the Sentinel is missing the boat here?

Back to the top

A heck of a lot more people read the newspaper than the online versions or blogs. That trend is reversing but not as quickly as you might think.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

OK half a week later and the Sentinel still thinks we lost to Arkansas on Sunday. How hard is it for their Web people to swap out a frigging photo. Absolute morons!!

Plus I don't know how many of you have noticed, but Uncle Teddy doesn't really even write for the newspaper anymore. Sure he blogs all the time, but he only has stories in the actual paper like maybe 3 days a week. What the hell is up with that?

On the other hand, Marcus Nelson has stuff in the paper just about every day (I really like the FAU Extra stuff cuz they treat us the same as UF, FSU and (sc)UM), PLUS he also blogs just about every day too.

Now I know a lot of people will say the blogs are all that matters, but there are a TON of people who don't read the message board and don't read the blogs that only read the paper. It's hard to grow a fan base when you cater only to the people who already are looking for information.

I mean as an example my parents never read about FAU online, but they read the papers. And after getting them to go to a game last season, they started following the team and now are season-ticket holders and they still don't read any of the stuff online.

Don't you think the Sentinel is missing the boat here?

I hope you don't think Teddy just makes his living off FAU Sports.  He also covers the Florida Panthers.
Back to the top

fauowl said

I hope you don't think Teddy just makes his living off FAU Sports.  He also covers the Florida Panthers.

And how is that good for FAU?

Back to the top

Anyone notice the Sentinel

IMO, Marcus Nelson doesnt hold a candle to Ted Hutton…

Overall, his writing is rather negative and ocassioanlly snide in tone - gee what a shocker, because so is the Post!

And the coverage is sparse at best EXCEPT when football is on - you'll see when it comes time…i recall a span recently when there was about 20 days between blog postings…good luck keepoing the digital reader with that "coverage"…

Ted Hutton is far more "involved" with the coverage and IMO does a fanstastic job…creativity, depth, and personality in his writings…

Back to the top

With Ted's little tid bits on the Blog he  definitely gets two thumbs up. When he started this season with the clips and look where it has gone is very creative and interesting to say the least.  ;)
Back to the top

Talon said

With Ted's little tid bits on the Blog he  definitely gets two thumbs up. When he started this season with the clips and look where it has gone is very creative and interesting to say the least.  ;)

Absolutely. It's way more effort than Marcus Nelson. Not that Marcus Nelson owes us anything more than what he does, because at the end of the day it's a job, but everything Ted has created (the nicknames, Digger, the videos, etc) make it a really enjoyable read.
Back to the top
Control functions: