Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football Belt action for Nov. 3rd.

FLorida International at Arkansas St.
Middle Tennessee at Louisiana-Monroe
Louisiana-Lafayette at Tennessee
Troy at Georgia
Back to the top

Re: Football Belt action for Nov. 3rd.

Bytor said

FLorida International at Arkansas St.
Middle Tennessee at Louisiana-Monroe
Louisiana-Lafayette at Tennessee
Troy at Georgia

It would be nice, for the Belt's sake, to see Troy take down Georgia (especially since Georgia just took down UF)

I was reading somewhere that both Oman of Troy and Tim Tebow of UF are banged-up… which might make our games a little closer than we expect.

I asked Coach if the players were going to be as pumped up to play against UF as they did against USF and he said even more so. If we play well, it will be our third time to get national respect this year. Maybe I just want it to be a great game because I'm going to be there!
Back to the top

Action around the Belt

Posted some toughts on the games coming up this week.

Back to the top

Football Belt action for Nov. 3rd.

If the belt wants to start getting respect, their top teams must show they can compete against these type of teams - might be a tall order but you have to battle regardless.

Their QB's do take a pounding every week, with Omar not 100% it will be tough, but the Trojans could save him for conference play, which would be a good idea, but this is football and I would expect that you play your best players each & every week.
Back to the top

troy dropped 30+ on florida, but that's florida's extremely inexperienced defense

i don't possibly see this game being as close as the troy-florida game…

georgia BIG over troy

georgia 50's, troy 10's

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

I was reading somewhere that both Oman of Troy and Tim Tebow of UF are banged-up… which might make our games a little closer than we expect.

This is one of the reasons Howard doesnt like the spread, and the QB option…too much potential to get banged up…

On Omar…i watched the last quarter of thier last game on CSS…it looked like he tweaked his hamstring…he had to come out after trying to stay in….
Back to the top

Omar tweaked his hamstring. As of yesterday he was jogging without any pain or limp. But the coaches insist they want him to be healthy for the final two conference games, regardless of Georgia.

Omar, however, insisted he will play. The line was 15 points, but was pulled after the injury was noted. This might be his last try at beating a major BCS team.

Troy has a couple of talented backups, but they lack experience. OC Tony Franklin picked one of them off from Purdue. One of them ran for a long TD against Arkansas.

Troy beat Oklahoma State worse than Georgia did. Troy's defense have come alive in recent games, giving up 30 points in four games and none in the last game. Sherrod Martin is back and one of the other guys is playing like mad. McKelvin and the D-backs will cover anybody. Add linebacker Boris Lee, Kenny Mainor and a few others and the defense is starting to look like the experienced group talked about at the start of the season.

Georgia's O-line is young and inexperienced. Georgia; RB is New Jersey's third leading rusher ever. Troy's Cattouse is NJ's top rusher ever.

Georgia had Florida last week and Auburn next week.

This could be a great game. Of course, no TV. But ASU will be on TV for the second straight week. Can you believe that?
Back to the top

BMarkey said

This could be a great game. Of course, no TV. But ASU will be on TV for the second straight week. Can you believe that?

actually, no i cant…thats not very even keeled on the coverage is it?

But Troy does get the advantage oin the ESPN coverage…i think they have more than anyone in the conference?
Back to the top

Troy has two ESPN2 games this year, but both required major schedule changes - a Friday night game (which amazingly, was a technical sellout despite a tropical storm and hour-plus delay); and the next game, and on the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving against MTSU.

This CSS deal stinks. I say bring back SportsSouth and Fox.
Back to the top
Control functions: