Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Will Troy Upset #10 Georgia?

Just wondering. Troy is strong this year, and any good news for the SBC is good for us.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Will Troy Upset #10 Georgia?

Georgia beat Florida last week pretty good, I find it very hard to believe that Troy could beat Georgia unless they catch them in a lull after the big win. Spread is 15 1/2, maybe take the spread but I doubt the win.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

yeah..... not this time.
Back to the top

On gameday thay said this could be a big letdown game for UGA. They continue to call them Troy State on that show even though it changed to just Troy University a while ago. I don't know if they are just trying to be old school by calling them that or just ignorent. I bet it gets on troy fans' nerves. I think Troy has a real good shot in this game.
Back to the top

The answer to the question is no.

The bigger question is, shouldn't this be in the Sun-Belt Conference forum category?  I thought that was the reason it was created?
Back to the top

Troy seems to be putting up a fight....my dad just called from the game and said its 24-20 Georgia

AEA
Back to the top

Will Troy Upset #10 Georgia?

'Just got home from the game. Georgia 44 - Troy 34. It was the loudest I have ever heard a stadium (including UF), and the awesome fly-by (low!) by two F-16s almost knocked me down as I was walking down the tunnel.

Troy beat them up pretty well (won the stats, I believe) and if it had not thrown away a couple of TDs on pee-wee quality kick coverage and a fumbled kick return (up man), had a FG taken off the board on a mystery penalty and a couple of TDs blown by errors, the Trojans would have won.

Troy passed and ran up and down the field on them. They could not stop Troy when Omar did not throw INTs or fumble, and even the second and third teamers scored at the end (to the boos of the Ga. fans). Omar did manage 300-plus yards in the air, despite a poor game.

The Georgia fans knew it and Troy knew it. Even with Omar at half speed, against Troy, UGA was lucky to leave with a win.

I'm tired of the close calls. The 'Belt has to take that next step.
Back to the top

FAU will be in for a very tough game - no doubt.

the game is on tonight on CSS at 9:00…if anyone wants to watch it…they cut the dead spots out…it will only be two hours…
Back to the top
Control functions: