Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Question for anybody in the band

At the game Saturday I had to run out to my car but I heard the announcer tell people to turn their attention to the field as the band played "Ants Marching."

Was that the Dave Matthews Band song or is it some classic band song that all colleges play…?
Back to the top

Re: Question for anybody in the band

I'm not in the band, however I think I feel confident answering your question…yes, it was the Dave Matthews Band song.
Back to the top

It was a DMB show. We played Too Much and Ants Marching.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Love the band, keep it up.
Back to the top

Does the band have signature songs that they play at different parts of the game? I noticed on another thread someone asked if the band could play Wagner's "Flight of the Valkeryies" (sp?), and I suggested Night On Bald Mountain— both kind of tie in with the whole owl's in flight thing.

I also noticed USF does this (as read in a different thread), and I suppose all marching bands do during the game. So what is the repetoire, or protocol?

BTW I love the band, I just wish ours was bigger. Someone needs to lobby for more scholarships, or something.

Oh, and maybe the band should have its own thread. Bytor?  :-*

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Thanks for the love guys!

As far as set lists go its:

Pregame:
-Run-On Cadence (as we run on and form an F)
-FAU Pregame Fanfare
-FAU Fight Song (marching down the field
-Lets Go Owls! (while spelling out OWLS)
-Alma Mater March (a faster, march version of the Alma Mater)
-The Star-Spangled Banner
-Fight for the Red and Blue (while forming FAU)
-FAU Fight Song (as the team runs out)

Halftime changes each game.

As far as the order of songs during the game it usually goes something like this:
-FAU Fight Song when we score.
-First Down Tag (Last part of Fight for the Red and Blue) for first downs.
-FAU Offense (some song from Lord of the Rings) when on offense
-FAU Defense (another song from Lord of the Rings) when defense makes a good play. (this is starting to become a popular song that we do)
-Then anything else we've ever played (past halftimes, short pop, rock, r&b, rap songs, etc.).

Postgame:
-FAU Fight Song
-Florida Atlantic University Alma Mater

Also, tomorrow (Sun, Nov 4th) your Marching Owls will be playing center court at the Chris Evert Pro-Celebrity Tennis Tournament as Former President Bush enters.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

The New Band Director or one of the members need to come up with a Victory Song as one of the Post game
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

Also, tomorrow (Sun, Nov 4th) your Marching Owls will be playing center court at the Chris Evert Pro-Celebrity Tennis Tournament as Former President Bush enters.

Excellent.

How come the Band never plays on campus during the day, say at noon on Monday in front of the SO building?

I'd love to see that, both as on-campus entertainment and marketing to attract new band members.
Back to the top

Question for anybody in the band

owlcountry said

FAUtuba said

Excellent.

How come the Band never plays on campus during the day, say at noon on Monday in front of the SO building?

I'd love to see that, both as on-campus entertainment and marketing to attract new band members.

i'd say its because we all have classes ourselves and it would disrupt classes. i'd love to do it. but sadly enough i feel that most people would just find us annoying and want us to leave. we do have rallys the night before game days where we go around and play in front of the dorms. but students just dont really care that much to come out and sing hte fight song and dance and stuff. it's a lot of fun though
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

we do have rallys the night before game days where we go around and play in front of the dorms. but students just dont really care that much to come out and sing hte fight song and dance and stuff. it's a lot of fun though

Well I'm glad you do it anyway. Keep it up. People will come around.
Back to the top
Control functions: