Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Innovation Village update...

Add topic

…expected at the next BOT meeting, Nov.14th

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.fau.edu/bot/11142007_BOT_Agenda.phphttp://www.fau.edu/bot/11142007_BOT_Agenda.php

I'd like to know what the plans look like at this point. We had the drawings, we had the list of things we wanted in there… hopefully it will be up and running come Fall 2009. If nothing else, we need the housing.

They're also approving a Graduate College, finally. For those keeping a count, that will make it our ninth college, after the recently-established College of Biomedical Science.

Compare that to UF and FSU's 16 colleges, or UCF and FIU's 11 (counting the future med schools)… we're a little behind but I guess that doesn't matter too much.
Back to the top

Re: New Innovation Village update...

New Innovation Village update...

will that include graduate housing as well??
Back to the top

Graduate students are already inviting to live on-campus in housing.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

no, i meant like an actual "graduate housing" facility...
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

no, i meant like an actual "graduate housing" facility…

Which would be nice.

Although graduate students are invited to live on-campus, because of the age difference (ages are generally about 24-35), I can't imagine them being too comfortable in HPT with the rowdy 18-year-olds. The apartments are okay but I think most grad students would rather live off-campus than in the university apartments.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

They're also approving a Graduate College, finally. For those keeping a count, that will make it our ninth college, after the recently-established College of Biomedical Science.

Compare that to UF and FSU's 16 colleges, or UCF and FIU's 11 (counting the future med schools)… we're a little behind but I guess that doesn't matter too much.

I think Brogan's plan is to build on what we have and not grow faster then our resources. That is the smart thing to do. Hopefully with the new fundraiser and the major capital campaign coming up, FAU can strengthen all programs rather than see how far they can stretch a dollar. I want to say good bye to 4th tier.  I wonder if Brogan will be here much longer after that audit report.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I think Brogan's plan is to build on what we have and not grow faster then our resources. That is the smart thing to do. Hopefully with the new fundraiser and the major capital campaign coming up, FAU can strengthen all programs rather than see how far they can stretch a dollar. I want to say good bye to 4th tier.  I wonder if Brogan will be here much longer after that audit report.

Understandable but part of being "4th tier" is graduation/retention rate and since FAU is so hellbent on taking in so many slackers, they're going to suffer in that category regardless of how many professors they take on or how many classes they offer.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

illinoisowl said

Understandable but part of being "4th tier" is graduation/retention rate and since FAU is so hellbent on taking in so many slackers, they're going to suffer in that category regardless of how many professors they take on or how many classes they offer.

That is what many state institutions are facing. They want to up enrollment in order to pay the bills. In doing so they let in lower caliber students. The more prominent schools don't have this problem because they almost always reach their admissions limits and often turn people away. For the "have-nots" it is a game of trying to balance the books by maintaining and/or increasing enrollment. This is extremely difficult because there is constant turnover since many students are not prepared for the college experience. It makes movement out of the 4th tier very difficult especially when a university is trying to expand. Expansion means more money is needed which means that more students are accepted who aren't prepared, which ultimate leads to high turnover and the problem starts all over.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

so does anyone know what is going on with the stadium project as of right now?
Back to the top

rdownin1 said

so does anyone know what is going on with the stadium project as of right now?

corporate/big donation fundraising phase

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: