Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Men's Hoops Tips Off Friday night! But no Radio??? Maybe TV (PPV)...

Add topic

I know there is alot going on with the ASU game this Saturday…BUT:

Dont forget that the men's hoops team will be on the Rhode this Friday night @ 7:00PM - Rhode Island that is…

But, the fau athletics site doesn't show that radio is avaliable for this game…can anyone confirm??

There is a rumor floating that the game will be televised on a PPV feed of some sorts - no details though…time to start digging…

Also, if anyone catches a line on the game please post…cant find anything - as usual!  Blasted firewalls…….  :-\
Back to the top

Re: Men's Hoops Tips Off Friday night! But no Radio??? Maybe TV (PPV)...

all FAU basketball games are broadcasted on 640 AM with evan cohen - the voice of the owls haha

i would be SHOCKED if it wasn't…

640 is broadcasted on www.wjna.com as well

this game is NOT on tv of any sort… no ppv, no cable, definitely no national broadcast… barring any weird last-minute changes, i can gaurantee it

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

all FAU basketball games are broadcasted on 640 AM with evan cohen - the voice of the owls haha

this game is NOT on tv of any sort… no ppv, no cable, definitely no national broadcast… barring any weird last-minute changes, i can gaurantee it

You can probably get the game from the URI radio feed online if FAU isn't broadcasting it on WMEN.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

ok, this has been edited:

FAU has confirmed it is on despite not being listed on the athletics website…640AM as usual…

Evan Cohen is still announcing "some" games…

no tv is confirmed as well…
Back to the top

Game isn't being televised up here in Rhode Island so I doubt you'll find it on the tube anywhere…the URI website would say for sure.
This will be a big test for our basketball team.  URI's Ryan Center is not an easy place to play…gets very loud and i'm sure the students will be excited for the 1st game of the year with the Rams picked to finish 1st in the Atlantic 10.
Back to the top

Men's Hoops Tips Off Friday night! But no Radio??? Maybe TV (PPV)...

Just so you know if you are listening on the radio…the game might not start at 7pm.  URI is playing a men's/women's bball doubleheader.  The URI women's team is playing at 5pm so the men's game won't start until that game is over.  I'm guessing they might not get started until closer to 7:30.
Back to the top

yeah, seems to be a trend this year…probably to help boost attendance to the women's games…
Back to the top
Control functions: