Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dogs by 14 points tonight...

Add topic

Wow…i expected us to be underdogs, but not by +14 points…

I dont bet, just like to look at the "thoughts" of those in charge of it…afterall, they do obviously have to spend alot of time analyzing the skill sets, etc coming up with a line that they feel will make them money…

Nonetheless, this just seems a bit high…  :-\
Back to the top

Re: Dogs by 14 points tonight...

I'm on that like stink on a skunk.

I need Florida_Owl's opinion on how the team has taken shape.

There going to be collapsing on Monroe so Parmer needs to step up. Graham needs his shot to fall. Nwoji needs to hold the ball and run the plays. Perkins has to play some solid D and get some rebounds and easy put backs. They have two very solid guys, one a power foward and the other a guard. Monroe can shut this guy down, Perkins needs to play outside and shut this guy down. I'm freaking pumped for this game.
Back to the top

We are "green" at the PG and SG due to the fact that Carderro is brand spanking new to D1, playing his first game tonight…and Paul, although capable of putting up some big numbers, has not "wore the shoes" all to himself…he could fall back on Dre and the consistent Three-Ball that he put up each game last two seasons…

Having said that, they will focus on taking away the post - our strength…

Unseen:

What we can do that they arent aware of, and honestly NONE of us (inclusing Vegas) are aware of…

Alot of new faces…and unprovens and unknowns…Perkins should be something which catches them by surprise…how he is with "nerves" i dont know - this is his first D1 game as well…in a big time environment…

Royster will help defend…I dont think Monroe is shutting anyone down on D, with alll due respect…he is a predominantly an offensive minded & skilled player…

Bottom line, i just dont know…but i do believe 14 points is a bit much…if we play the way we are capable of, we should be in the game…

But there will be no Dre to bail us out if we fall behind…someone else will have to step up offensively with the shooting…

I think you are touching on the critical factor above:

We have to play strong defense…and that will be the change that is needed for th is year to offset some offensive firepower leaving with Dre until someone else catches the hot hand…….
Back to the top

I'm not concerned about the offense at all, URI has a weak defense, similiar to us. Will be able to put 75+ on them, I just hope someone can matchup with their Will Daniels guy and force the coaches sun to shoot the three, hopefully Nwoji will be in his face and screw with his head.
Back to the top

jdirico said

I'm not concerned about the offense at all, URI has a weak defense, similiar to us. Will be able to put 75+ on them, I just hope someone can matchup with their Will Daniels guy and force the coaches sun to shoot the three, hopefully Nwoji will be in his face and screw with his head.

Nwojji can play D…Rex has mentioned this on more than one occassion - its a strength of his…

Daniels will probably draw Royster on the bench..Royster is a very good defensive player, whom C-Los has even attributed with causing him some "new troubles" in practice…

we should fair well there…….

GO Owls!!!

Back to the top

Dogs by 14 points tonight...

i like our chances tonight. starting off the season right would be great
Back to the top
Control functions: