Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

You're in the Navy now...at the FAU game!

well not really…

but Ted Hutton said that FAU has partnered with the Navy and has offered 900 tickets to the game Saturday for sailors aboard a  naval Ship that has docked in Lauderdale:

"IN THE NAVY

Don’t be surprised if you see a lot of white uniforms at Saturday’s game.

FAU has teamed up with Labor Finders and Broward School Board to offer free tickets to U.S. Navy sailors from the USS Iwo Jima that is docked in Fort Lauderdale.

As many as 900 sailors could be on hand, which would be a substantial number and a great sight to see. FAU players and coaches are scheduled to visit the ship on Monday, which is Veteran’s Day.

Crew members will serve the colors prior to the national anthem and the Sailor of the Year will flip the coin at the start of the game."

Hey, i think everyone has experienced the military fan:

Hyped up, pumped up, and super vocal - cheers galore…

We'll take em…glad to have em!!

Now, if they can just agree to sit them on the visitors side behind the bench, that would be great ;)
Back to the top

Re: You're in the Navy now...at the FAU game!

I know the prOWLers do push ups after every score, I'm sure the last thing the Navy guys want to do is more push ups but maybe it would be a nice gesture if the prOWLers can get some of them down there to do push ups with them after we score

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

900 fans from the Navy would really bring some life to Lockhart. It would also really help to spread the word of FAU football.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

You're in the Navy now...at the FAU game!

Watch out for our women.....here comes the NAVY!!!!
Back to the top

i saw a total of four Naval personnel...thats pretty sad.......
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

i saw a total of four Naval personnel…thats pretty sad…….

I'm glad there was at least 4, I only saw the same guy walking around I thought may ot was more then one but nope it was the same guy a few times lol. What happened to the other 896 tickets they handed out?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Florida_Owl said

i saw a total of four Naval personnel…thats pretty sad…….

I'm glad there was at least 4, I only saw the same guy walking around I thought may ot was more then one but nope it was the same guy a few times lol. What happened to the other 896 tickets they handed out?

It's a good question. Could any of them have been in civilian clothes? I did see the four people but I thought, you know, if this is one of their only nights to get out, I'm sure there are a couple of other places that sailors would rather be (bars, clubs). One fan picked on a Navy officer as he was walking to his seat, saying something about the uniform, and the Navy officer (with his fellow officer) got into one of those "contained anger" confrontations that military personnel have with other people sometimes.
Back to the top

The Navy did seem to have a photographer there, though.
Back to the top

You guys didn't see all the Navy personnel? I counted 900, they were sitting right next to the other 17,600 people FAU said were in attendance on Saturday.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

lol……we cant even get people to come to the games for free…..wow…..and i thought the navy would jump all over that, esp with college girls running around?!?!?  Ohh well…..they missed a good game
Back to the top
Control functions: