Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

once again....the band has screwed me

well……here we go again! jesus christ if the band isn't hiding away at hooters during a rain shower they are right in everyone's face blowing and playing their  sweaty asses off. here's how it happened.. there i was….all nice and pumped up about a sweet fau win and  as i was trying to listen to howards post game speech about the team and the new orleans bowl and such ………BOOM!  all of a sudden i get an earfull of tuba (yeah…i'm talking to you fau tuba) and snare drum and i swear to god i thought i heard a french horn somewhere in there. let me just say this……just because you have instruments doesn't mean you have to play them when the head coach is talking ok?!  just give it a rest!  i think you are way overcompensating by showing people that you stayed the whole game mr. band director and yes……we were all surprised you did so kudos to you….but do you have to play during howards speech?  i say no!  i believe the palm beach post should title this  mishap….."fau band blows howards speech".  great….now i won't be able to sleep for 2 more nights!
Back to the top

Re: once again....the band has screwed me

rackow said

well……here we go again! jesus christ if the band isn't hiding away at hooters during a rain shower they are right in everyone's face blowing and playing their  sweaty asses off. here's how it happened.. there i was….all nice and pumped up about a sweet fau win and  as i was trying to listen to howards post game speech about the team and the new orleans bowl and such ………BOOM!  all of a sudden i get an earfull of tuba (yeah…i'm talking to you fau tuba) and snare drum and i swear to god i thought i heard a french horn somewhere in there. let me just say this……just because you have instruments doesn't mean you have to play them when the head coach is talking ok?!  just give it a rest!  i think you are way overcompensating by showing people that you stayed the whole game mr. band director and yes……we were all surprised you did so kudos to you….but do you have to play during howards speech?  i say no!  i believe the palm beach post should title this  mishap….."fau band blows howards speech".  great….now i won't be able to sleep for 2 more nights!

Is this guy for real! Whats your story bud?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

rackow said

i can sympathize with this dude… that was annoying as hell

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I don't think calling out FAUTuba is going to solve your problems lol. He/She isn't the band director. I don't think the band purposely did it, I don't think the band director knew Howard was talking or they would have stopped.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Howard's speech was not a pre-planned thing. The band traditionally plays those songs after each game. The team needs to stop at the band, celebrate or at least take part in the alma mater after each game.

Besides, this guy's schtick is not for real.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

The only issue I heard with the band (the only issue I've ever had, and it was tonight) was when one of the referees was trying to explain the penalty and the band was playing. It's hard enough as it is to hear what the refs are saying in a quiet Lockhart.
Back to the top

Message boards pick up some strange posters.  Here its mainly civil but every now and again a strange poster shows up.  The band of course didn't screw anyone all is wll FAU won.

Who else has been here, there's that beverlee's thong poster.  I can't remember there have been ones like that though that actually take on characters.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

fauowl09 said

The only issue I heard with the band (the only issue I've ever had, and it was tonight) was when one of the referees was trying to explain the penalty and the band was playing. It's hard enough as it is to hear what the refs are saying in a quiet Lockhart.

I agree.  I think the band is great and we need them to grow bigger, but someone has to tell them not to play when the ref is making a call…or when Coach has something to say.  The sound system at Lockhart is all of 5 speakers and it sounds even worse than that through the ref's microphone.  Having the band realize when they should and should not be playing is something that needs to be worked on for next year. 
Back to the top

I wouldn't take what he says seriously. I think its tongue in cheek. As for blowing over Coach's speech that is unfortunate because the man is not one to make impromptu speechs. I think the guy was really feeling it and wanted to thank the fans for their support this year. We are very lucky to have him, and I am amazed by his humility and sincerity.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

once again....the band has screwed me

They annouced over the PA, "fans please stay for howards speach"    and the band director started up (i was right in front), but the real point is NO ONE COULD UNDERSTAND HIM ANYWAYS…..HOWARD MUMBLES SOOOO BAD and a PA doesnt help…….

I think we were all just over joyed with the team coming back and winning!!!  Who cares!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: