Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kimberly Miller writes a good story about the stadium

Add topic

From http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/south/epaper/2007/11/10/1110fau.html

excerpt:

"FAU stadium fund raising gets quick start

Saturday, November 10, 2007

BOCA RATON — Whether Florida Atlantic University gets a 30,000-seat football stadium depends on donors, who, since 2003 have earmarked just $1.6 million in gifts and pledges for the school's athletic department.

But in the seven weeks since the stadium won tentative approval from FAU trustees, $1.2 million has been pledged for the project, bolstering confidence that boosters will step up now that they have something specific to contribute to."
Back to the top

Re: Kimberly Miller writes a good story about the stadium

To Cliche….

" Build it and they will come…."

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Kimberly Miller writes a good story about the stadium

No so fast…

"I've heard there are people they've talked to who have responded very favorably, but I don't expect they'll come to Wednesday's meeting and say they're finished raising money," Tripp said. "This will be an update, but we've said it from the dais, nothing is going to happen if they don't ultimately raise enough money."
Back to the top

Lm77 said

No so fast…

"I've heard there are people they've talked to who have responded very favorably, but I don't expect they'll come to Wednesday's meeting and say they're finished raising money," Tripp said. "This will be an update, but we've said it from the dais, nothing is going to happen if they don't ultimately raise enough money."

That's not Miller being negative. That's Tripp just trying to spin things again. For all the so-called "positive" things Tripp has been quoted as saying since the stadium was approved, take a look back at what he was spewing the past couple years. Talk about a flip-flopper.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Lm77 said

No so fast…

That's not Miller being negative. That's Tripp just trying to spin things again. For all the so-called "positive" things Tripp has been quoted as saying since the stadium was approved, take a look back at what he was spewing the past couple years. Talk about a flip-flopper.

where is this quote taken from…what date??

if this is recent that is definitely in line with some serious flap jacks…

Back to the top

It's in today's (Nov. 11) Post, in the local section.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Lm77 said

No so fast…

I think it's sort of tough love, if anything. He's gotta be a hardass to put a little scare into them. He can't say, "Oh, don't worry, even if you don't get the money we'll work it out eventually" because then the people in Athletics will do the bare minimum.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I think it's sort of tough love, if anything. He's gotta be a hardass to put a little scare into them. He can't say, "Oh, don't worry, even if you don't get the money we'll work it out eventually" because then the people in Athletics will do the bare minimum.

hmmm, interesting perspective…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlcountry said

Close, it's a scare tactic alright. But it's not meant at Athletics…it's meant for us, the ones that want it built;

"If you want it, put your money where your heart is. Or it won't happen."

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

Are they considering the brick money as well into the mix?
Back to the top
Control functions: