Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF unveils new statue outside of their football stadium

Add topic

Looks pretty incredible. Not as cool as FSU's "Unconquered" statue but still pretty cool.

Home - UCF Today

Think FAU will do something similar outside of our stadium? My guess is probably not…

Back to the top

Re: UCF unveils new statue outside of their football stadium

I think a little more "Boca" and something unique would be to have an owl sculpture as the center of a water fountain in front of the stadium.
Back to the top

I'm going to make enough money in my lifetime to buy a statue of me and coach and erect it at the student entrance to the stadium. LOL. Inside joke between me and some of the football office/prOWLers

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I'm going to make enough money in my lifetime to buy a statue of me and coach and erect it at the student entrance to the stadium. LOL. Inside joke between me and some of the football office/prOWLers

The prOWLers did an awful job tonight. There were about five people in the stands and they were just bored. The people on the field, including the one with the microphone, got booed several times. Weird.
Back to the top

mh2os said

I think a little more "Boca" and something unique would be to have an owl sculpture as the center of a water fountain in front of the stadium.

UNF already has one of those (not an owl though)

http://www.unf.edu/dept/ehs/images/Index_unf_fountain.jpg
Back to the top

I hold your opinion in high regard owlcountry! What made them so "awful?" And why aren't you a prOWLer who goes on the field and tries to make it better?!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

UCF unveils new statue outside of their football stadium

Anything like that will have to be funded by donations... the stadium will be bare-bones.
Back to the top

someone will doante enough money for a statue of Schnelly.....
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

someone will doante enough money for a statue of Schnelly…..

The UCF statue came both as alumni donation and SG phased donations coming over several years.

The Traditions Plaza worked well because people only had to pay $20.06 (class of 2006) or $20.07 (class of 2007) instead of a lump sum of $500+. Twenty dollars is infinitely more manageable.

I'm going to talk to Abe and Tony (SG Vice Prez and Prez, respectivley) to see if they can get a statue initiative going for our stadium.
Back to the top

Owlcountry:
Tony and Abe are a good place to start. But their terms are over in April. Someone who has been around FAU for years, the SG turnover is incredible. From one year to the next, projects and funding initiatives change. I suggest going through student affairs for this.

Not to be partial, but this is something the prOWLers could do - since they are a student organization and part of the alumni association. It's a perfect fit.

Back to the top
Control functions: