Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What a class act!!!

Check out the comment by Gator(dumbass) growl, and they talk about what a class act UF is. What a absolute stupid thing to say. They should thank god every day that Tebow doesn't get knocked out they would suck. Yea, bantering is one thing, tacking bets on how many kids they can hurt is lower then a snacks belly slither through poop. Probably taken this to hard but you never wish, hope, or bet a kid playing gets hurt.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/faublog/entries/2007/11/10/instant_analysis_fau_34_asu_31.html

Instant Analysis: FAU 34, ASU 31
By Marcus Nelson | Saturday, November 10, 2007, 10:39 PM

FORT LAUDERDALE - Florida Atlantic must like living on the edge.

How else to explain spotting mediocre Arkansas State a 31-20 fourth quarter lead before calling upon its offense (again) and its vulnerable defense to bail the team out?

No wonder there were three separate loud shouts from the entire team outside the Owls’ dressing room at Lockhart Stadium after FAU rallied to beat the Indians 34-31.

Howard Schnellenberger told the sparse crowd - which someone wants us to believe was 18,540 - that “We’ll see you in New Orleans.”

I’m not so sure a team that has needed heroics to beat Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette and North Texas should be counting on parading down Bourbon Street for the New Orleans Bowl, but Schnellenberger always has shot for the moon.

And, technically the Owls indeed still have a chance thanks to a defense that answered the challenge and an offense that seems to thrive under pressure.

Here’s a few “Views from the Press Box” as I turn out the lights in the Lockhart Stadium press box for another season (literally) and get ready for “The Replay Official” which I will post Sunday night after talking with Schnellenberger after he reviews the film of this one.

Playing games close isn’t a good strategy for Florida Atlantic

Quarterback Rusty Smith was more erratic than any game this season, but settled down with the game on the line

The Owls defense didn’t flinch this time

With so few cameras angles the Sun Belt Conference shouldn’t even have replay

The announced crowd was 18,540, but there was maybe half that in actual attendance

Permalink | Comments (3) | Post your comment |

Comments
By FAU Fan

November 11, 2007 1:05 AM | Link to this

I agree with everything you said here.

By jacko (FAU Football DAD to 2 maniacs)

November 11, 2007 9:12 AM | Link to this

I think you are being kind here. We gave the ball back to ASU inside our 20 3 times, they scored 17 points frome our mishaps. A good team will overcome this trouble and right the ship before the game is over. Our coaches never freak out and our players feed off of them. This is my take!! PS: I did see Hoza in an officials face (right under his nose) for a obvious hold on our cornerback which resulted in an ASU TD.

By Gatorgrowl

November 11, 2007 10:50 AM | Link to this

We’re looking forward to getting FAU in the Swamp. We’re taking bets on how many FAU players we put out for the season. Odds say four right now. Youve got a nice little IAA team. You’re not ready for the beatdown youre going to get. I say Tebow sets an NCAA record for rushing TDs on you guys.
Back to the top

Re: What a class act!!!

Funny things happen in college football, especially this year.  ;)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

It's funny that "Gator" would say that because Troy (another little SunBelt team) put a number of Gators out of the game (some with serious injuries) while scoring 31 on Florida.
Back to the top

Why do you let comments like that, especially in that kind of forum, upset you so much? It means absolutely NOTHING!! By the way, if the over-under on players getting knocked out for the season is 4, best the house and definitely take the under.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Why do you let comments like that, especially in that kind of forum, upset you so much? It means absolutely NOTHING!! By the way, if the over-under on players getting knocked out for the season is 4, best the house and definitely take the under.

Agreed.  It's one idiot posting comments.  He could be an FIU fan.  It really does mean absolutely nothing.
Back to the top

What a class act!!!

fauowl said

CanadianOwl said

Agreed.  It's one idiot posting comments.  He could be an FIU fan.  It really does mean absolutely nothing.

nope, that's gators fans… definitely without a shadow of a doubt, lol

the same institution that produces humans like channing crowder - who, consequently, doesn't know where london is a map…

welcome to the university of florida, the foundation for the gator nation - idiots and jerks welcome

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: