Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF receives a vote

Add topic

UCF received a vote in the AP Top 25 poll

2013 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 1 - ESPN

so now Troy received a vote a couple weeks ago, USF was as high as #2 in their incredibly overrated season, and now UCF ranked…

barring a loss to UF, a win against FIU and a win against Troy… think we'll receive a vote at 7-5, a SBC championship and a bowl bid? do we have to win the bowl and finish 8-5? is that even enough?

just some thoughts to throw out

GO OWLS!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: UCF receives a vote

Do we deserve a vote for the Top 25?

Seriously?
Back to the top

No. Perhaps another time.
Back to the top

negative...
Back to the top

These rankings are just garbage.

Troy got 13 or so points a couple of weeks ago (ranked 33rd). For several weeks the Trojans were getting votes based on one Georgia sportwriter's vote. Then, Troy loses to Georgia, the No. 10 team in the nation, and suddenly gets no votes?

That makes no sense. They played way closer than the pundits predicted and should have gained votes.

Troy has better quality wins than UCF, which was embarrassed by USF.

Auburn lost to USF and Georgia (by a much larger margin than Troy) and still got plenty of votes.

It's just an unscientific beauty contest based on national media B.S.

Back to the top

fauowl said

Seriously?

Note at this point.

Had we taken down Minnesota PLUS Kentucky and South Florida

I would have said differently
Back to the top

owlcountry said

fauowl said

Seriously?

Note at this point.

Had we taken down Minnesota PLUS Kentucky and South Florida

I would have said differently

I was being sarcastic.  I was surprised we were discussing it.  We are not close to Top 25 yet.  Some day.  But not today.  Every team we have beaten is ranked between 100-120.  Let's beat the gators and win the Belt a couple years in a row and then let's talk.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

These rankings are just garbage.

Troy got 13 or so points a couple of weeks ago (ranked 33rd). For several weeks the Trojans were getting votes based on one Georgia sportwriter's vote. Then, Troy loses to Georgia, the No. 10 team in the nation, and suddenly gets no votes?

That makes no sense. They played way closer than the pundits predicted and should have gained votes.

Troy has better quality wins than UCF, which was embarrassed by USF.

Auburn lost to USF and Georgia (by a much larger margin than Troy) and still got plenty of votes.

It's just an unscientific beauty contest based on national media B.S.

yeah, but i am confused as to just how you feel…

;D
Back to the top

UCF receives a vote

I we lose by less than 30 points this week maybe we can get some points in a mid major poll. the ULM loss blows and we haven't had a dominating win all year.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I we lose by less than 30 points this week maybe we can get some points in a mid major poll. the ULM loss blows and we haven't had a dominating win all year.

This is true. I think the only chance we have left of a dominating win is at FIU.

Florida and Troy are going to be tough contests. I wish we played Troy here this year but I guess we'll have to wait until next year for that…
Back to the top
Control functions: