Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hey BMarkey....

Don't know if I should ask this but I am wondering, hopefully if/when we get past FIU who are you pulling for in the FAU/Troy game?   ::)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Hey BMarkey....

Come on! You have to ask that question? :)

As I told the ProOwlers last year and my daughter's friends, I root for FAU in every game but one each season: Troy.

This year, it will be really tough and sad either way the scoreboard reads, especially because Troy can go to a bowl regardless of the outcome.

But I have to stand behind my alma mater.

Come up and I'll show you all the best places to go, tailgate, etc.
Back to the top

I probably read that last year I just didn't remember it, sorry.

It makes sense. I will have the same issue when FAU finally plays FSU.

If there is a chance of going up I'll give you a shout, thanks.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Hey BMarkey....

BMarkey said

Come on! You have to ask that question? :)

As I told the ProOwlers last year and my daughter's friends, I root for FAU in every game but one each season: Troy.

This year, it will be really tough and sad either way the scoreboard reads, especially because Troy can go to a bowl regardless of the outcome.

But I have to stand behind my alma mater.

Come up and I'll show you all the best places to go, tailgate, etc.

That is understandable, and who you root for doesn't really matter, but FAU beating Troy would actually benefit everyone involved.  The Sun Belt would get 2 Bowl teams again, FAU gets it's first title, and Troy goes to a more prominent bowl than the NO Bowl.  Everyone wins….it's up to FAU to make it happen!  GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

That is understandable, and who you root for doesn't really matter, but FAU beating Troy would actually benefit everyone involved.  The Sun Belt would get 2 Bowl teams again, FAU gets it's first title, and Troy goes to a more prominent bowl than the NO Bowl.  Everyone wins….it's up to FAU to make it happen!  GO OWLS!

yeah, i dotn know if anyone watched that "barn burner" of a game last night on ESPN2 (Toledo vs UM Ohio), but this is really starting to show that all of these other lesser conferences, like the WAC, are not that much, if at all, any better than our very own SBC…i mean c'mon, they get three auto tie ins!?  For what???  If that was the best the MAC have to offer last night, give me a break…turnover laden slop…no offense on either side of the ball…errant passes…poor running…

IMO, FAU, Troy, ASU, or even *shriek* mtsu, could spank either one of those teams…sorry, weak league…and IMO this really needs to change…SBC needs to get two moving forward…trouble is the OOC game shurt…BUT with WKU coming in now, i think that will help…adds more wins into the mix to stayt in conference and gets more teams potentially to 6-6…….
Back to the top

Trust me guys I'm still trying to get him to cheer for FAU during that game…. at least for him no matter who wins (hopefully FAU!!!!) he at least still gets to go to the NO Bowl… ;)

By the way is anyone thinking about go to the Troy-FAU game?

AEA
Back to the top

dmarkey said

By the way is anyone thinking about go to the Troy-FAU game?

How far is Troy from Jacksonville?  I know I'll be on I-10 forever, but any idea on how many hours it would take to get there?  I won't be on call that weekend, so anyone want to do a road trip (other Jacksonville area residents, or Nunzio42 or JAB979).

-Waters
Back to the top

put Jacksonville, Fla and Troy, Ala in Mapquest and get a rough estimate. My guess is just under 10 hours.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Plenty of friends of mine go to a lot of Troy games from J'ville. Take I-10 west to U.S. 231 (west of Marianna) and go straight north for about 1.5 hours through Dothan to Troy. The whole Trip is probably 4.5 hours.

Mapquest says it's around 324 miles and a little over 5 hours. I make it in 9 hours from the West Palm area.
Back to the top

Thanks for the heads up.

By the way, there still are tickets left for the Troy game at $20 each.  Talked to the ticket people yesterday and they stated we would need to purchase them by
Wednesday at the latest (normally it would be friday the week before the game, but Thanksgiving gets in the way).
Back to the top
Control functions: