Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Good luck this weekend Owls

I hope a lot of you are coming up to Gainesville for the game, atleast out-travel the Troy fans. Although I don't know which school is bigger so that might not be fair. I hope this doesn't end up being a good game but with a noon kick-off and Harvin not playing and our secondar not being too great(although they've improved a lot recently) it's not out of the question. If everything goes right for the Gators I'll say UF 49 FAU 17.
Back to the top

Re: Good luck this weekend Owls

Good luck to you guy's too!

Our main goal is that we come out with no injuries, as I'm sure that the Gator's hope for the same.  I will be traveling down for the game and my prediction is for a closer match!

I believe that we will put up 30 + points and our defensive backs will have an above average game this weekend!  Final score Gators 47 OWLS 34!
GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

I just want everyone to stay healthy and look forward to having a good day.

Hey go gator is there a parking area on North South Drive just southwest of the stadium,right off Archer?
Back to the top

I graduated from FAU in 1965.  If you told me then that we would be playing football with the University of Florida in Gainsville I wouldn't have believed it….  Thus, in my eyes we have already won … by virtue of being there.  (Plus, the paycheck is good.).
Five to Eight years from now, the playing field will be level… and we'll be happy to pay UF 500K to play in our new stadium.
Back to the top

Good luck this weekend Owls

OWL4EVER said

Good luck to you guy's too!

Our main goal is that we come out with no injuries, as I'm sure that the Gator's hope for the same.  I will be traveling down for the game and my prediction is for a closer match!

I believe that we will put up 30 + points and our defensive backs will have an above average game this weekend!  Final score Gators 47 OWLS 34!
GO OWLS!
'91

If your coaches get a good game plan and your players execute I could see that, but hopefully we continue to play the defense like we did at South Carolina.
Back to the top

Talon said

I just want everyone to stay healthy and look forward to having a good day.

Hey go gator is there a parking area on North South Drive just southwest of the stadium,right off Archer?

North South is now Gale Lemerand Drive so you don't get confused while you're there. Here is a link to a parking map, but I don't park in any designated areas so I'm not sure how crowded it is or will be. With how crowded it is on the non-designated areas on gamedays I would think you would have to get to these places pretty early. If you aren't tailgating the Gator Aider is a good choice.
Back to the top

gofauowls said

I graduated from FAU in 1965.  If you told me then that we would be playing football with the University of Florida in Gainsville I wouldn't have believed it….   Thus, in my eyes we have already won … by virtue of being there.  (Plus, the paycheck is good.).
Five to Eight years from now, the playing field will be level… and we'll be happy to pay UF 500K to play in our new stadium.

Rather FAU than USF!
Back to the top

gogators73 said

If your coaches get a good game plan and your players execute I could see that, but hopefully we continue to play the defense like we did at South Carolina.

Congratulations, first and foremost, for being a civil fan of the opposing team. I've been visiting some of the UF messageboards and they've been less than complementary. Which I understand but I think there are more mature and rational ways of looking at it.

Over here I think everyone's feeling is, for this game to be level, FAU has to play the best game of their life and UF has to play the worst game of their life.

The chances of UF playing that way – especially with Tebow's Heisman on the line – is not likely. Somewhat fortunately for us, FAU has demonstrated that we play best under pressure and I see no reason to think this game won't be 60 minutes of pressure.

Personally, my hope is to emulate Troy's success against UF…. although that would have been easier in the beginning of the season before injuries. I think it's necessary to emulate Troy's success to win over some modicrum of respect from UF fans. We don't have a bad team. We just don't have our pick of five star recruits from across the nation. We have to develop players, whereas UF can take on players that are already developed.

I know that people who are fans of the established programs believe that there will always be three powers or less in the florida football game. But USF demonstrated this year that they're coming to that party and UCF and FAU are both itching to join as well. Everybody has a starting point but since UF has been playing football for 100 years, none of the UF fans remember it. And that's not an issue that's exclusive to UF by any means; I could make the same argument about a number of "big football schools."

Anyway, I do have faith that when our teams meet again in 2011 we'll have a significantly better team and things will be a little more dramatic. Until then, I'm going to enjoy myself tomorrow at my frist game in the Swamp.
Back to the top

FAU is quite a bit larger than Troy, at least in main campus student population, but Troy travels well to big away games.
Back to the top

GG73, thanks for the civility. If Owls fans have learned anything this year it seems that our team's tendency is to raise their level of play depending on the opponent (exceptions to Ok.St.). I think most of us hope for a competitive game without any injuries

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: