Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU @ UF

It is that time of week again. Some of you have already put forward some predictions on other threads. I will get it started in this thread.

UF is a monster there is no doubt about it. FAU will need a near perfect game combined with multiple UF mistakes in order to pull this one out. However, I think FAU can make this a game if four things happen. 1) FAU needs to keep Tebow in check. The QB draw is nothing new. He runs the same play 15-20 times a game. Someone just needs to tackle him (easier said than done). I think the best bet is to have a LB spy him all game long. Hopefully this will help FAU to force some turnovers. 2) The FAU O-line needs to come up big. That means that Rusty is going to need lots of protection. If he gets time he should be able to make some plays. 3) The FAU secondary needs play physically and create a turnover or two. 4) FAU needs to avoid a second half let-down. If all of these things happen FAU will have a respectable showing. The biggest thing I think will be staying in the game in the second half.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 41 FAU 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU @ UF

owlfan1 said

It is that time of week again. Some of you have already put forward some predictions on other threads. I will get it started in this thread.

UF is a monster there is no doubt about it. FAU will need a near perfect game combined with multiple UF mistakes in order to pull this one out. However, I think FAU can make this a game if four things happen. 1) FAU needs to keep Tebow in check. The QB draw is nothing new. He runs the same play 15-20 times a game. Someone just needs to tackle him (easier said than done). I think the best bet is to have a LB spy him all game long. Hopefully this will help FAU to force some turnovers. 2) The FAU O-line needs to come up big. That means that Rusty is going to need lots of protection. If he gets time he should be able to make some plays. 3) The FAU secondary needs play physically and create a turnover or two. 4) FAU needs to avoid a second half let-down. If all of these things happen FAU will have a respectable showing. The biggest thing I think will be staying in the game in the second half.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 41 FAU 24

GO OWLS!!!

I don't know but according to Sun Sports writer Pat Dooley, we have "no chance"

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1304953696

Back to the top

Rusty has the best game of his very young career, and is dubbed the second coming of Jim Kelly.

Polo, who has been quiet the past few games garners 2 more picks.

Harmon Hops twice on the way to the endzone (Urban's jaw dropping on the sideline "Who is that Beast?")

LeRoy makes up for the early part of the season.

Cerge and Kris contain Tebow, and send a few helmets sailing!

FAU 38 UF 35 (Hey, anything's possible this season in college football  ;) )

GOOOOOOOOOO OWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I like your style proudowl!  Upset over the Gators is possible and not as far off than most think!  Stats are close, except maybe Tebow!  But still can be done!  I'm flying down to Tampa this morning with my family and I can hardly wait!  See you all at the tailgate party!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

It's an interesting idea to pick FAU considering UF has more reasons to overlook us than beat us badly.

But this is SEC football, reigning champs….

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU @ UF

I gained a whole lot more faith in our chances after watching last night's game.  If arizona can take down the No. 2 team, then we can surely have a shot at taken out No. 12.  If they can do it, We can do it!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Oh yeah… we definitely have a chance if we knock out Tebow like Arizona knocked out Dixon.  Plus, it helps Oregon's back up QB is a Leaf brother.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Urban Myers didnt even refer to FAU by name at ANY point in a pre game interview that aired yesterday…the interview was almost 10 minutes long in entirety…closest it got:

"They are in the same conference as that team Troy who beat Oklahoma Sate".

The reporter was quick to point this out after the interview…

Not that this is relevant to anything score wise, but i think it is completely disrespectful of Myer's, for obvious reasons that are rhetorical in nature…

having said that, I hope we leave something of a maningful impression upon HIM particulalry that forces him to recognize our Team by name rather than the repeated "they" he proceeded to mutter yesterday…

No predictions…just leave a mark - a big fat stinking red one.

GO Owls!!! 8)
Back to the top

proudowl said

Rusty has the best game of his very young career, and is dubbed the second coming of Jim Kelly.

Polo, who has been quiet the past few games garners 2 more picks.

Harmon Hops twice on the way to the endzone (Urban's jaw dropping on the sideline "Who is that Beast?")

LeRoy makes up for the early part of the season.

Cerge and Kris contain Tebow, and send a few helmets sailing!

FAU 38 UF 35 (Hey, anything's possible this season in college football  ;) )

GOOOOOOOOOO OWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering the way this year has gone, we'd have a great shot at the upset if UF was ranked #2…unfortunately they aren't number 2, so I think will keep up with them for most of the first half, then UF will pull away in the second half.

UF 56 FAU 31
Back to the top

"My game plan is to get him out of the game," Acevedo said. "I don't care how it happens, we just have to get him out of the game. He carries that team."

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/111607/D8SUV0HO5.shtml

Mr. Acevedo, please back up what your mouth put up. Tackle somebody, don't just put a shoulder into someone & hope for the best. You've said it, now back it it up.

Rusty, stay away from the early interception, so we don't have to play catch up.

Serge & Franz, do your thing, & crack some heads.

Harmon, "Hop" all over the Gators secondary. It can be done.

Polo, we miss you. Where have you been? We hope to see you.

Edge & Willie, big game, big plays. Continued success.

Now, looking through my Owl colored glasses, I will predict:

FAU 42
UF   38

Please Gators, please! Overlook our Owls, & fall asleep at the wheel. We know you can do it!
Back to the top
Control functions: