Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone tailgating at the game on Saturday?

I'm heading up to Gainesville for the game on Saturday and I was curious to see if anyone was going to be tailgating? I know the alumni association has a tailgate for $20 a person but wanted to see if anyone was doing something on their own. If anyone is tailgating on for the game please send me a private message or email through the board and maybe I can arrange to meet some of you guys in the parking lot, drink a few beers and kill some time before we head in. Thanks

- Jared

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Anyone tailgating at the game on Saturday?

Speaking from experience, the alumni tailgate is fun.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Where is the official tailgate?

We will be right in front of the parking structure, just north of the O Dome and immediately across that little side street west of the stadium. Come find us amongst the Gator fans.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I'm sure it is, I was corrected shortly after I made the post I thought it was $20 a person, it's $40 per person. I'm spending enough money on gas, tolls, tickets and a room to spend another $40 for the alumni tailgate in my opinion just isn't worth it.

Thanks Bob, I'll see if I can find you guys. I'm not sure where the official tailgate is, I emailed Dexter Lamont to ask if they can send out some kind of email to all of the FAU fans that are going to the game but instead of doing that I got an email about sending off the football team from the Oxley Center tomorrow for the 86th time this week lol.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

smittysahoot said

I'm sure it is, I was corrected shortly after I made the post I thought it was $20 a person, it's $40 per person. I'm spending enough money on gas, tolls, tickets and a room to spend another $40 for the alumni tailgate in my opinion just isn't worth it.

Thanks Bob, I'll see if I can find you guys. I'm not sure where the official tailgate is, I emailed Dexter Lamont to ask if they can send out some kind of email to all of the FAU fans that are going to the game but instead of doing that I got an email about sending off the football team from the Oxley Center tomorrow for the 86th time this week lol.

Yeah, it's weird what their emailing priorities are.
Back to the top

The tailgate location is at Reitz Union Building, If anyone is interested!

GO OWLS
'91
Back to the top

Anyone tailgating at the game on Saturday?

They should have e-mailed ticket sales info. :)

The Reitz Union is directly southeast of the stadium, and south of University Avenue.

We found a good area to park (and tailgate) before the Troy game right in front of the Florida Museum (not sure of the road name). It is a little wooded area just southeast of the Reitz Union, about a 10-minute walk from the stadium. Parking there cost nothing.

BTW, the Marching Owls are going to the game and will perform a couple of songs at halftime. The will enter the stadium around 10:45 a.m.

Give 'em some support!
Back to the top
Control functions: