Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Good game Owls

You guys played really well offensively and really kept our offense out of sync even though they got 59, it certainly wasn't a pretty 59. The Sun Belt is really starting to make a statement with Troy and FAU and of La-Mon knocking off Bama just a little bit ago. For those that went to the game sorry it was such a boring atmosphere but I guess that's what happens when it's a noon kick-off and you have your rival coming in the next week. Good luck the rest of the way.
Back to the top

Re: Good game Owls

Thanks gogator…I don't like many gator fans but thanks for coming by the board.  I think it will be a little more of a game (2nd half) in 2011.

See you then.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

gogators73 said

You guys played really well offensively and really kept our offense out of sync even though they got 59, it certainly wasn't a pretty 59. The Sun Belt is really starting to make a statement with Troy and FAU and of La-Mon knocking off Bama just a little bit ago. For those that went to the game sorry it was such a boring atmosphere but I guess that's what happens when it's a noon kick-off and you have your rival coming in the next week. Good luck the rest of the way.

Go Gators I was at the game and if that's what you call a boring atmosphere I'd love to see it next week lol. Have to be honest I was impressed with the stadium and besides a few people at the bars yelling FAU sucks the rest of the gators fans were cool and glad we made the trip.

That whole yelling of Blue and Orange thing you guys do even though not a big fan of the Gators was pretty cool.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I was happy with the 1st half…we looked solid and if we can kick the way we did yesterday……watch out Troy.

The swamp is an amazing place to play….i am happy with how far we came in this short amount of time!  GOOOO OWLLLS!
Back to the top

We parked next to one of the former Alberta's and they whole group were fantastic. We had a very good time of course if we would have one I probably wouldn't have a car to drive today
Back to the top

It was much more quiet than during the Troy game, but that was early season. Neither game was sold out and the place empties quickly in the fourth quarter.

Back to the top

I still don't like the Gators, but all their fans were welcoming and fun to be around.  At least for this game…

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Good game Owls

The game was great, first half at least, and the swamp is pretty impressive to walk into.  As said before, if that was a "boring" crowd, I can't imagine what an active crowd would sound like.  It was a whole lot lowder than old lockhart.  I am not a gator fan at all, but I do respect a good team, and thats what they are.  I was a little concerned about how the crowd would react to the owl fans, but I actually heard nothing but comments from all the gators that I talked to.  Most just wanted to know where we played and were amazed that we have less than 10 seasons on our record.  Thanks to all the gator fans for being good hosts.

On a side note, on my way up there I got stuck in traffic for an accident, and the FHP stopped traffic on 75 so that the FAU buses and entourage could get to the game on time, so I ended up joining up with the team on the road and followed them to the stadium.  That was a good way to start the day.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

If FAU ever has an off week or games don't conflict you should try to make it up for a Tennessee, LSU, or FSU game. The crowd before the 4th and 1 conversion is kind of close to how loud it gets. It's a great enviroment when the big rivals come to the Swamp. And yea, the place empties quick, it really makes me mad. We were playing Vanderbilt 3 years ago and were up like 35-21 or something in the 4th quarter and half the crowd left, Vandy then scored 2 straight TD's and we went to OT where we luckily pulled it out but that half empty stadium was one of the loudest times I've heard it so I guess all the fans that sit on their hands are the ones that leave early.
Back to the top

gogators73 said

If FAU ever has an off week or games don't conflict you should try to make it up for a Tennessee, LSU, or FSU game. The crowd before the 4th and 1 conversion is kind of close to how loud it gets. It's a great enviroment when the big rivals come to the Swamp. And yea, the place empties quick, it really makes me mad. We were playing Vanderbilt 3 years ago and were up like 35-21 or something in the 4th quarter and half the crowd left, Vandy then scored 2 straight TD's and we went to OT where we luckily pulled it out but that half empty stadium was one of the loudest times I've heard it so I guess all the fans that sit on their hands are the ones that leave early.
I'm not a Gators fan but I think it would be awesome to go up there for a game against someone like LSU or FSU, only time I think I'd root for the Gators would be when they play Miami or USF. Are tickets next to impossible to get for those big games?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: