Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Is Clayton hooked up with the Mafia?

Mark that as the second time the guy's gotten in this year when we're covering the spread and he manages to completely blow it in a matter of seconds!

This time, his second play of the game the guy manages to force himself to fumble!!! No one hit him, he pump faked and hit himself in the hip with the ball. Cmon dude, at least make it look a little less obvious. The guy is getting rich his last year of college football. I'd like to see some of his bank statements!  ;D
Back to the top

Re: Is Clayton hooked up with the Mafia?

:D  TeamBeer I thought I was bad!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Mark that as the second time the guy's gotten in this year when we're covering the spread and he manages to completely blow it in a matter of seconds!

This time, his second play of the game the guy manages to force himself to fumble!!! No one hit him, he pump faked and hit himself in the hip with the ball. Cmon dude, at least make it look a little less obvious. The guy is getting rich his last year of college football. I'd like to see some of his bank statements!  ;D

Those were my exact thoughts when I saw that second "fumble".

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Whoa! I respectfully want to distance myself, as an occasional poster on this board, from any of the preceding comments. It's a very serious matter to accuse anyone of purposely fumbling in order to affect the outcome of a game, whether his team beats the spread and so forth. I know of zero – zero – evidence that any FAU player ever has done this. A young man's reputation has been attacked here. I ask that you come up with evidence – and I maintain there is none – or stand down with apology. There is nothing amusing or clever about a scurrilous attack on a reputation, particularly an attack that comes from an anonymous poster. Just so you know I'm willing to stand forth with this opinion: I am Bob Burdick from suburban Denver, FAU class of 1969, political science.
Back to the top

Yeah, not cute dude.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I don't want to be in a "pile-on" mode, but everyone should resist from bashing the kids on the team.  If you've never played college football before, you really have little-to-no right bashing the kids.  I know people get upset with the outcome of games, but these are young men—YOUNG MEN!!  How many mistakes have you made in your business, with your wife, with your children, with friends, with integrity, etc?  "He who is without sin cast the first stone."  Sure there were mistakes made, but I can tell you these kids are not intentionally making them.  They want to perform well and win just as bad as you want them too.
Back to the top

Is Clayton hooked up with the Mafia?

Howard's going to call you out team beer.

"Come after me! I'm a man, I'm 76!"

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

NICE!!! We thought Mike Gundy got heat for going after a reporter. Imagine Howard going after an online poster. That would draw some attention assuming that anyone actually watches FAU press conferences.

On a serious note, any suggestion that someone is doing something intentionally to change the outcome of the game for financial benefit is wrong. The suggestion alone can open up a whole can of worms and tarnish the integrity of the program. Granted he has made some mistakes late in the game, but I would prefer to view the mistakes as nerves rather than trying to form some conspiracy theory that can only hurt the integrity of the program as a whole.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

WHOA!  Hey guys have you ever heard of humor, I don't believe TeamBeer or I actually thought for one second that Clayton did anything on purpose.

LIGHTEN UP, this is just a little message board.  You guys tend to take things a little to serious, Clayton is a young guy and I think he would see the joke also, he might not like it but he would see it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Fledgling said

NICE!!! We thought Mike Gundy got heat for going after a reporter. Imagine Howard going after an online poster. That would draw some attention assuming that anyone actually watches FAU press conferences.

On a serious note, any suggestion that someone is doing something intentionally to change the outcome of the game for financial benefit is wrong. The suggestion alone can open up a whole can of worms and tarnish the integrity of the program. Granted he has made some mistakes late in the game, but I would prefer to view the mistakes as nerves rather than trying to form some conspiracy theory that can only hurt the integrity of the program as a whole.

GO OWLS!!!

I think we all need to lighten up a bit here.  Clearly the comments were meant in a joking manner.  I highly doubt anyone really believes that Clayton was doing anything to intentionally change the games outcome.  
Back to the top
Control functions: