Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Caldwell Celebration BS by SEC Officiating Crew

Just watched the replay of he game on Sunsports. Did anyone notice that the tempo of play changed greatly in favor of the Gators after the little celebration before the half ?

Gators had like 4 motion penalties before that, Tebow looked confused, and we were getting to the QB. Meyer also called 2 time outs during these flubs.

Based on what the announcers said the officials did not have to stop play for Caldwell to get recognition for breaking Alvarez's record (btw was that a UF record or NCAA record?). However the officials chose to let the home team do it.

I am not calling for some bs "conspiracy theory", but they don't call it homefield advantage for nothing. I'm just p.o'd because we really did cause disruption for their "O" and for Tebow.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Caldwell Celebration BS by SEC Officiating Crew

I saw it too.  I thought it was a UF time out tho. It looked like they where trying to call TO when the announcers said it was an offical TO

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

proudowl said

Did anyone notice that the tempo of play changed greatly in favor of the Gators after the little celebration before the half ?

In my opinion Cerg Sincere's penalty was what seemed like the killer. We had the Gators pinned back on the 50 and out of FG range then we get another dumb penalty which seems to be a common occurrence for them this year, and then the Gators end up scoring a TD again before half to make it 15.

I did not see why the penalty was called, my roommate who was unable to make it and listened on the radio said they weren't quite sure either what Sincere did. Anyone know what he did to get the killer penalty against us?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I remember the Sincere penalty, but when they went to show the replay on PPV, Sincere wasn't on the reel they played, so I was sitting at home going "ok show me then".

Nat Moore made the comment "it is nice that the officials are allowing Florida this moment of recognition blah, blah, blah….." so no, it wasn't one of UF's timeouts.

4 motion penalties on Gators, and they called 2 T.O.'s.

And just to be fair, if it was an NCAA Div. Rec. breaker, then I could understand stopping the game. Any thoughts from fans in the stands?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

I remember the Sincere penalty, but when they went to show the replay on PPV, Sincere wasn't on the reel they played, so I was sitting at home going "ok show me then".

Nat Moore made the comment "it is nice that the officials are allowing Florida this moment of recognition blah, blah, blah….." so no, it wasn't one of UF's timeouts.

4 motion penalties on Gators, and they called 2 T.O.'s.

And just to be fair, if it was an NCAA Div. Rec. breaker, then I could understand stopping the game. Any thoughts from fans in the stands?

From what I heard from Fledgling is that Sincere was called for kicking the ball out of the RB's hands while he was still on the ground and after the whistle had blown. If that's the case especially from a senior you gotta know better. I know he's one of our top D-Men and I guess Howard isn't into authority but I would pull him out of the game for that especially since it led to a TD and make him watch his teammates play for a series or two without him. These kids want nothing more then to play, sitting him down for a few plays I'm sure would teach him lesson and I bet he wouldn't do something stupid like that again.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Caldwell Celebration BS by SEC Officiating Crew

My neighbor is a Gator back here and he told me that's what the announcers said on the gators station via the internet.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: