Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Who let the Owls Out?" Chant

The "Who let the Owls out" chant has got to stop! The song was bad enough! We need to focus on building traditional chants and cheers. I would like to never hear that chant again! Its embarassing! Most Owls Fans dont even know the words to the fight song. PLEASE... no more "who let the owls out!"

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Re: "Who let the Owls Out?" Chant

BocaCoop said

The "Who let the Owls out" chant has got to stop! The song was bad enough! We need to focus on building traditional chants and cheers. I would like to never hear that chant again! Its embarassing! Most Owls Fans dont even know the words to the fight song. PLEASE… no more "who let the owls out!"

I've tried for years to plead with people to stop this idiotic chant.  It's embarrassing and it isn't something I want people associating with FAU or our football program.  Just be prepared to argue with some people on here who will defend it and the guys right to chant it, even if it is the lamest chant of all time.  I mean FSU has the tomahawk chop, the Gators have their chomp thingy….and we have a rip off of a bad novelty song.  ::)

Back to the top

BocaCoop said

The "Who let the Owls out" chant has got to stop! The song was bad enough! We need to focus on building traditional chants and cheers. I would like to never hear that chant again! Its embarassing! Most Owls Fans dont even know the words to the fight song. PLEASE… no more "who let the owls out!"

If there is a god he will not allow anyone to chant this anymore! I am glad someone agrees this has to be one of the gayest chants I have ever heard. It's really embarrassing when you go to an opposing teams school like Gainesville and they have Gator Bait or It's Great To Be a Florida Gator and what do we chant "Who let the Owls Out? Hoot Hoot Hoot" I want to dig my own burrow and hide at that point lol.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

hey, from what one could tell, its only one guy who does it…

someone head over to him next game, and ask him to stop…….

problem solved. ;)
Back to the top

We should all say something. But keep it nice, they are fellow Owls!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

ah you beat me to it… i was going to start a thread like this

our band has laid the foundation for some really good traditions… i wish our band would play the chants more often throughout the game (and as often as UF's band) but the point is stop the freaking who let the owls out chant please

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

How about we go over to him and give him an idea for a new chant rather than tell one vocal fan to can it?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

"Who let the Owls Out?" Chant

If anyone can get a hold of the extra programs from homecoming they have a page with all the cheers and songs on it to give them.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Agreed.  The guy who does it loves it.  I wanted to say something to him on Saturday, but as someone mentioned, it is better positioned with some alternative chants.  Who let the Owls out is worse than the Gators "2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar, come on gay-tors stand up and holler"…..forget it, 2 bits is the worst chant/cheer is sports, period.  it may be tradition, but its hokie.  We have the advantage of starting good tradition.   
Back to the top

Maybe we could get the "Who let the owls out" guy to run around lockhart like 2 bits does at UF!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top
Control functions: