Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Single Season Records...

I'm not sure if anyone caught this on Hutton's blog yesterday so I figured I would post it here…

"The Rusty Smith-to-Gent combination helped both players move into second place in two single-season categories.

Smith moved into second place in passing yards in a season, as the 290 he had Saturday gave him 2,554 this year with two games remaining. Jared Allen threw for 3,003 yards in 2003.

Gent is second in yards receiving, as he had 118 against the Gators, and has 730 on the season. Anthony Crissinger-Hill is on top with 1,134 in 2003."

So to do the math for everyone Rusty needs 450 yards over his next 2 games to pass Jared Allen's single season mark which will probably happen

and Gent needs 405 yards to break Crissinger-Hill's record for receiving which is more then likely not going to happen. Not sure if we go to a bowl game if the stats count as a regular season game or not if so it's definitely possible Gent and Rusty can both enter the FAU record books.

It brings a smile to my face knowing that Rusty will throw for over 3,000 yards this season as a sophomore, can't wait to see how good he is next season

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Single Season Records...

i think he will get it as well…

As you said, the next two years will be FUN to watch…

we should, in all reality, have the best passing QB in the league - hands down…

especially since we will have Jean, Harmon, and Gent to go along with him…….

Not to mention Williams, who is redshirting this season…

Addition:

Whoah!  i almost forgot Holley….how could i do that!?
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

best in the state next year?  definitely second best…

tebow
smith
grothe

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Florida_Owl said

best in the state next year?  definitely second best…

tebow
smith
grothe

yeah, ill go number two behind Tebow…havent seen anyone else from a passing vantage that can match him - thats for sure…

Smith is now consistently throwing the medium to long range routes with success…and the arm, well, its simply a CANNON.

but ill pass on Grothe…hes not a pocket passer - no distance…

Tebow is the combo of them both…

if we could just get Rusty to run better, wow…the possibilities! :)

BTW, that pic of C-Los you have in your signature needs a caption…how about:

"From left to right, Coach Walters calls out the next play, while Monroe prays for a pure shooter to replace Dre and take the triple team away from him". :D
Back to the top

I tried to look for it on FAUSports and couldn't seem to find it, but is there any place where we can look at some of the single season records not only just for football but for all of the sports. If there's not I think they should add something like that it would be interesting especially in the years to come and be like WOW Rusty had x amount of yards in his career or this guy has x amount of wins as a starting pitcher… Just an idea

Back to the top

Jab979 said

I tried to look for it on FAUSports and couldn't seem to find it…

click on the media guide link…all there:

Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Florida Atlantic University

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

yeah, ill go number two behind Tebow…havent seen anyone else from a passing vantage that can match him - thats for sure…

Smith is now consistently throwing the medium to long range routes with success…and the arm, well, its simply a CANNON.

Tebow is the combo of them both…

if we could just get Rusty to run better, wow…the possibilities! :)

Tell me about it. Rusty ran for a TD in the UF game and I don't think anybody saw that coming. He can roll with the best of them and if he's 5 yards from the goal he might as well just make a break for it but stay along the sidelines. Worst case scenario is he's pushed out of the sidelines – what seems to happen to Tebow 90% of the time he runs since he runs up the side a lot.
Back to the top

Dont knock Grothe….he is a really good Qb,

Smith is amazing, and i am glad to see that he is coming close to passing Allen's record.

On a side note with another solid year or two from Grothe and Smith both could make it into some NFL camps.
Back to the top

Single Season Records...

Nunzio42 said

Dont knock Grothe….he is a really good Qb,

Smith is amazing, and i am glad to see that he is coming close to passing Allen's record.

On a side note with another solid year or two from Grothe and Smith both could make it into some NFL camps.

Grothe is a poor mans Tebow. He has good speed which makes him a weapon but he has no arm. I'd take Rusty as a Sophomore over Grothe any day of the week. Grothe won't be drafted he'll play in the arena league or something, maybe chase down shopping carts at Publix gotta use that speed for something lol

Back to the top

Are you crazy…..poor man tebow????

ok ur right

but i dont think rusty will get drafted either…..Jared was a walk on for the practice squad in tampa….i think rusty and grothe will have the same outcome.

although i think smith will have more of a possibility in the nfl……and i could really see grothe in the arena league…..infact it wouldnt shock me if the Storm sign him.
Back to the top
Control functions: