Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Prowlers

Add topic

ok,  there is a discussion or debate going on within a blog about the prowlers.  I am not trying to start an argument but i felt it needed to be brought to this forum instead of a blog within a major newspaper.

Flip Flop Football | You can go home again (plus fan pix)

I go to all the games with Jared (jab), Ched (fledling..or something), and other alumni that have been around for a while (within Fau sports).  The prowler organization was started by one of my friends/frat brothers Pablo and was ran by Will and Jared for a few years till $mitty came to Fau (at which $mitty was able to get funding for the organization to help it grow).  Pablo gave Jared and Will the organization because of their attendance at Baseball Games, Basketball Games (which they almost got kicked out numerous times), and other sporting events.

This being stated there is no animosity or hard feeling toward the organization from any of the fans that attend games.  That would be pointless and stupid.  We are all there for the same reason, to see FAU win and cheer them on along the way. We have never cursed or flicked anyone off in any organization (except maybe La-Monroe), although we do cheer/taunt.  We taunt because we want a recation, just like any other fan.  We cheer/taunt prowlers quite often, simply b/c they are quite and we need their help to get loud.  THATS WHAT WE DID WHEN WE WERE ALL PROWLERS.

I guess i just want this whole he-said-she-said thing to come to an end.  I have friends on both sides and it is disapointing when some of my friends come to sit with us and the rest of the orgaization looks badly at them and tells them they are not allowed to sit with us.  Lets drop this whole thing and cheer for our team.

sorry for the rant….

Back to the top

Re: Prowlers

btw i cant spell and am quite bad at grammer….thanks FAU!!!! (or atleast just on forum boards….guess i don't really care!)
Back to the top

they're terrible… border-line disgrace to the school… yet the school embraces them like they are Gods

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I am out of the loop on this. Who exactly are the prOWLers and what is their function?? I assume it is a type of spirit group that supports athletics however from all of the discussion it sounds like they don't provide much spirit and instead need to be encouraged to cheer by non-members. It all seems quite strange to an outsider looking in. Anyone care to enlighten me??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Oh boy.  I'm going to grab some popcorn and a lawn chair.  It's going to get ugly… and fun to watch!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

yes they are a group of students that are there to cheer………or sit on the couch on the field.

If you have been to a football game they are the group in the student endzone with a microphone, couch, and flags trying to get people to cheer.

I wont go to the extent to say that they are worthless…..b/c some of their members really do have school spirit, but some of the other members are lacking to say the least.

instead of having 10 of them on the field we need them in the stands…..and the microphone isnt needed.

Bobby (the head of the prOwlers) is doing the best job he can, and hats off to him and several others that are real fans…..they are welcome to come sit with us and drink our beer! (well maybe not drink the beer, but u get my point)

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I am out of the loop on this. Who exactly are the prOWLers and what is their function?? I assume it is a type of spirit group that supports athletics however from all of the discussion it sounds like they don't provide much spirit and instead need to be encouraged to cheer by non-members. It all seems quite strange to an outsider looking in. Anyone care to enlighten me??

GO OWLS!!!

Make a long story short if you've ever been to a football game at Lockhart they are the people on the side field and doing push ups in the end zone, shooting T-shirts into the stands, and running the flag across the field when we score.

There's a history behind them but it's too long to get into and I don't think anyone really cares lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Prowlers

apparently there are some others with opinions as well!  interesting!  Just keep in mind we are all owl fans here
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Make a long story short if you've ever been to a football game at Lockhart they are the people on the side field and doing push ups in the end zone, shooting T-shirts into the stands, and running the flag across the field when we score.

There's a history behind them but it's too long to get into and I don't think anyone really cares lol

The Cliff Notes Version of the history is above….(for those that care)
Back to the top

Personally I am not a big fan.  I believe they get too much credit and honestly don't do very much to increase spirit.  They also don't seem to want to expand the group into what it should be a student spirit group, but rather just a group of friends (which is why I never decided to join) under the guise of being the most spirited fans.  Which don't even get me started there.  I'm putting out my opinion and it is just that, now I am sure I will be taking a bunch of flak for it.
Back to the top
Control functions: