Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tailgate Overtime

Sun Sports (channel 38 in broward, 632 on directv, no idea for palm beach :( ) is going to have a segment on the Owls tonight… watch at 7:00

this is according to fausports.com

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: Tailgate Overtime

It was a nice piece on Rusty and had Coach giving the boys a little word of wisdom.
Back to the top

The only problem I had with the segment, why did they have to show Tebow highlights, it was a piece on Rusty  >:( Plus, they did very little on Rusty's, stats especially of the Gator game.  Could it be that they are too similar to Tebow, a heisman candidate  :o  Granted, Tebow does have a higher eff. rating, but damn, give Rusty a little more love.

Back to the top

Good Bytor
Back to the top

Tailgate Overtime

It was a very good story on Rusty.
Back to the top

Bytor said

The only problem I had with the segment, why did they have to show Tebow highlights, it was a piece on Rusty  >:( Plus, they did very little on Rusty's, stats especially of the Gator game.  Could it be that they are too similar to Tebow, a heisman candidate  :o  Granted, Tebow does have a higher eff. rating, but damn, give Rusty a little more love.

In a way Rusty was an afterthought in his own story. The story IMO had Rusty, doing too much commenting on how his family had season tickets at UF, as he was growing up, taking a trip down "Memory Lane" & not focusing on his accomplishments at FAU. Like getting a win over Minnesota. They could have done a better job with it IMO, but what do you expect from a subsidiary of the Gators network. Even when USF was making some noise, earlier this year, & ranked #2(even though over ranked, IMO), UF was always the lead story.

BTW, I am a card holding member of the Gator Hater Nation. ;D
Back to the top

I don't think it was an after thought type of story, it was a planned thing - Rusty's Dad was Mic'd for part of the game on Sat., which he turned off when I startd talking to him and he shared the same concerned he had about the game that he mentioned on the program.  I just felt it could have been a better presentation of Rusty in general.  The story was build on Rusty's long time connection to the Gators & the swamp, no problem there and does make a good story line - they could have done a better job developing the story to include more on Rusty's accomplishments here at FAU, especially this season, including the Gator game itself.

Overall, can't complain, it was a nice plug for FAU & Rusty (family connection too), they are great people.
I might be overly critical for no reasons.
Back to the top

Bytor, I don't think you are being overly critical. Rusty has done a fine job this season. Statistically this year he has more than doubled his passing yardage from last year, and is on pace to for something like 3500 yds this season. He's also been pretty good protecting the ball. His highlights show he can throw the deep ball, throw accurately on the run, and thread the needle with a laser if he has to.

I think he has the tools to succeed past his college career. Its a shame some of these so-called local sports media networks can't acknowledge this, especially when you look at Coach's previous success picking out QB talent (Namath, Kelly, Testaverde).

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: