Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

On paper, we'll get DesTROYed

Trov vs. FAU

We are 0-4 in 4 meetings against Troy.  Have been outscored 97-43, and the most points we scored at Troy was 14 points in 2005.  Twice we scored just 6 points at Troy and, of course, most points scored was last year with 17.

In 3 home conference games this year Troy has allowed 21 points.  Yes, all 3 did only score 7 in each game.

Ironically enough, our largest margin of victory was the first game of the year (13 points) and this is the only time all season we've rushed over 200 yards as a team. Many of us moaned in agony as we let teams like UNT battle back to make it interesting.

THIS YEAR:

Troy has scored 45 points or more 3 times this year - twice against conference opponents MTSU and North Texas.  Last time we scored 45 points…..2004 when we played Edward Waters.  ::)

Oh by the way, Troy has outscored conference opponents 162-52 while Florida Atlantic has outscored conference opponents 130-97. Surely that is to go up this weekend, but can't hide the fact that FAU is a different team on the road (conference opponents average 26 points against us on their home turf).

As much as I hate to say it, don't start making reservations in New Orleans.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: On paper, we'll get DesTROYed

Fledgling said

Trov vs. FAU

We are 0-4 in 4 meetings against Troy.  Have been outscored 97-43, and the most points we scored at Troy was 14 points in 2005.  Twice we scored just 6 points at Troy and, of course, most points scored was last year with 17.

In 3 home conference games this year Troy has allowed 21 points.  Yes, all 3 did only score 7 in each game.

Ironically enough, our largest margin of victory was the first game of the year (13 points) and this is the only time all season we've rushed over 200 yards as a team. Many of us moaned in agony as we let teams like UNT battle back to make it interesting.

THIS YEAR:

Troy has scored 45 points or more 3 times this year - twice against conference opponents MTSU and North Texas.  Last time we scored 45 points…..2004 when we played Edward Waters.  ::)

Oh by the way, Troy has outscored conference opponents 162-52 while Florida Atlantic has outscored conference opponents 130-97. Surely that is to go up this weekend, but can't hide the fact that FAU is a different team on the road (conference opponents average 26 points against us on their home turf).

Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!  Sadly, you might be correct. Darn!!!!
Back to the top

On paper, we'll get DesTROYed

Luckily, we do not play the game on paper.

Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

No, we don't play the game on paper.  However, the trends are there.

Back to the top

Fledgling said

Trov vs. FAU

THIS YEAR:

On any given Staurday…

That's why we play the game…

We can beat these guys if if we play a solid game, no big mistakes, no stupid penalties.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Luckily, we do not play the game on paper.

Go Owls!!!

Lets not overlook the TRAP Game against FIU… This is the classic Trap, i am sure all the players watched the game last night and saw a few things that they can take advantage of, sadly they need to worry about 0-10 FIU first…

Back to TROY, we need to play them just like we played USF and Grothee, we need a QB spy to play contain all the time, we need to bring a bunch of different looks and all kinds of blitz's, tons of motion, cant let the troy QB have too much time, nor can we let him scramble and pick up 20 yards at a time. I was very worried about this game all year, and even after watching them you can tell they are a good program, however, after watching us against UF & USF, i feel we have a good chance to win in troy. We will need to focus on our special teams specifically punts and returns, they do a crazy rugby kick, we need to be on top of that as well as making good decisions on Fielding the ball off a kick…

Peyton
Back to the top

Troy looked downright nasty last night. It is going to be a very difficult game. FAU is going to need to play almost perfect on offense and defense to come away with the win.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Troy looked downright nasty last night. It is going to be a very difficult game. FAU is going to need to play almost perfect on offense and defense to come away with the win.

GO OWLS!!!

Troy is very good.  No question about it, but let's not go handing them the conference title just yet.  MTSU did some really dumb things last night, especially in the 1st half when the game was still in reach.  The switching out of QB's really killed their momentum on some early drives.  I think Craddock was 11-11 at one point and they were driving, but they put in the other QB and the drive stalled.  Then they had a punt blocked and their returner made a bad play trying to pick up a bouncing punt.  They gave Troy the ball twice inside the 15 yard line and the game was basically over.

We'll give them a good game.  Yes, they have been shutting down SBC schools and we haven't, but they also haven't faced an offense like ours yet in conference play.  Just about every team in the Belt runs the spread offense, and clearly they have figured out how to shut that down.  We handled a very good defense in USF, and put up points against UF, and moved the ball pretty good against UK as well.  Stopping their offense will be the key.  Last year's game at Lockhart was very close.  We were done in by 3 long pass plays.  I think it'll be an excellent football game.

But let's get past FIU before worrying about Troy.  GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

My point wasn't to look past FIU and onto Troy.  But, after seeing the machine that they are I wanted to research some comparisons as to whether or not we stack up well against them.

The results were disheartening.

Back to the top

...but all the more reasons to kick their butts!

Back to the top
Control functions: