Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: FAU vs FIU

Add topic

Re: Game Day Thread: FAU vs FIU

For those in the New York Metro area, the game is in SNY!
Back to the top

god dam it. I'm sitting on my couch listening to the game over the internet and watching the kansas game on tv while the fau game was on the whole time.
Back to the top

probably the emptiest game I've ever seen. both endzones and one sideline completely empty. I mean 100% empty.
Back to the top

Chat Room:

I tried to open a link in the chat room that someone posted. I got booted off and couldn't get back on the chat room. I tried about 10 times. It told me it was trying to run a script and did I choose to abort it, yes-no. Neither choice worked. I gave up.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

jdirico said

probably the emptiest game I've ever seen. both endzones and one sideline completely empty. I mean 100% empty.

Wow. Anyone know the official attendance?

Hate to say it but I think everyone is right in saying this rivalry pretty much sucks. If both teams were contending for the Sun Belt title, or one was ranked and there could be a potential upset, it would draw better.

It is what it is and I'm grateful for the win. I heard VanCamp rushed for a TD. Nice! I was hoping he'd get some playtime.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

jdirico said

Wow. Anyone know the official attendance?

Hate to say it but I think everyone is right in saying this rivalry pretty much sucks. If both teams were contending for the Sun Belt title, or one was ranked and there could be a potential upset, it would draw better.

It is what it is and I'm grateful for the win. I heard VanCamp rushed for a TD. Nice! I was hoping he'd get some playtime.

Official attendance was 6122….and that's being generous.  You can't blame FAU fans for the small number though.  We had a solid showing at the OB.  Easily outnumbered FIU fans…had to be 2 to 1 Owls fans.  If I had to gues i'd say there was a good 2,000-2,500 FAU fans.
Back to the top

Hello all.  Im new to the board, i felt i had to come and share my excitement.  The turnout on both sides tonight was a little less than i think we expected (maybe hampered by the rain) but mood was still pleasently festive.  Although i am a loyal fiu fan i wanted to congratulate you and admit that you guys have been looking good this season.  I think you got a good thing in shnellenberger and rusty…… and obviously a few more.  I think for the most part your fans are classy and it was a great display of how a friendly rivalry should be.  Untill next year when we meet again;  ill keep dreaming about the (52-7 two years ago) and hoping to one day break this losing streak and start following in your direction.  but ill be rooting for you guys against troy.  Congratulations on a good game.
but as always BLUE AND GOLD!
Go Panthers!
F! F! I! I! U! U!  FIU!
Back to the top

Game Day Thread: FAU vs FIU

fauowls44 said

Official attendance was 6122….and that's being generous.  You can't blame FAU fans for the small number though.  We had a solid showing at the OB.  Easily outnumbered FIU fans…had to be 2 to 1 Owls fans.  If I had to gues i'd say there was a good 2,000-2,500 FAU fans.

Ouch. I think that's our lowest attendance for a game all year… although it may be the highest or second highest FAU fan showing for an "away" game.
Back to the top

Hopefully, as are fan base continue to grow, for both teams, both sidelines will be packed for future games.  It would have been nice to have had 5-6K fans for each team show-up  :P

The OB is still a much better place then Lokhart will ever be.
Back to the top

Bytor said

Hopefully, as are fan base continue to grow, for both teams, both sidelines will be packed for future games.  It would have been nice to have had 5-6K fans for each team show-up  :P

The OB is still a much better place then Lokhart will ever be.

I think Shula Bowl attendance has gone down every year…
Back to the top
Control functions: