Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Who's coming to Troy

for the game next weekend?  It is a 1:00 (CST) kick, so if it's a 10 hour drive (as BMarkey states) then you will have to leave around 2 am, your time, to get there by game time.  I suggest you leave from work on Friday, drive on in, and enjoy some great tailgating.  For those who have never been to Troy, I think you will find a FANTASTIC game day atmosphere.  We have a "kids zone" just outside the stadium that is full of games and 'blow up slide things' and all kinds of things for the kids to do.

I want you to bring a HUGE crowd and invite all of you to join us in tailgating.  If you like, stop by our Alumni House and enjoy some great food.  We are sponsoring a "food cook-off" that day and there should be all kinds of different things to eat.  It should be a blast, and we hope you are all up for the trip.

If you need any information at all, let me know and I will provide what I can.

Stop by, enjoy the morning, I will have food/beverages/and general 'smack talk' on a fun level… Kid friendly!

Hope to see you all there,

Go Trojans!
Back to the top

Re: Who's coming to Troy

Navarre is a big-wig in the Florida Panhandle Troy Alumni Association and when he invites you all to a party with good food, take him up on it. His group does it right.

There is plenty of good tailgating and parking spots around the beautiful campus. The weather should be nice but crisp. Troy offers a gameday shuttle bus service all around campus and from the hotels and motels and shopping centers, as well as the downtown square.

Last night I was trying to convince the band to come up as individuals and play. I wish FAU could spring for some money and send the band to Troy for a day trip. It would be great. MTSU brought part of its band and it made the game atmosphere so much better. Twice, the two bands played the same song at the same time (odd echo), and it was not planned.

It's around a 9-hour drive, if you don't stop much.

Be there.
Back to the top

Bob: How much would it cost for the band to go? Can the university come up with it, or any of it?
Back to the top

grayowl said

Bob: How much would it cost for the band to go? Can the university come up with it, or any of it?

I'd love to see our band there I'd be willing to chip in some money if it would help maybe if we all chipped in a few bucks we could send our band, I think it would be great for us that our band means so much to us that we the fans actually all chipped in and got the band there. I'm sure not only the band would appreciate it so would the team

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

grayowl said

I'd love to see our band there I'd be willing to chip in some money if it would help maybe if we all chipped in a few bucks we could send our band, I think it would be great for us that our band means so much to us that we the fans actually all chipped in and got the band there. I'm sure not only the band would appreciate it so would the team

i'm down for a donation… i'd love to see us raise 1/2 and put a stink up for the university to match our donation

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

That's what I was getting at…I can't make the game, but I could contribute toward a band trip.
Back to the top

I would donate as well. I will contact the band diector and ask him about it.

I was told it cost $4,000 to send the band to UF, but that might have included game tickets. Troy lets band members in for free.

I know two buses would be needed, plus food and drinks for 50 or so people.

Does anyone here have any contacts within the administration or athletic department to make this happen?
Back to the top

Who's coming to Troy

BMarkey said

I would donate as well. I will contact the band diector and ask him about it.

I was told it cost $4,000 to send the band to UF, but that might have included game tickets. Troy lets band members in for free.

I know two buses would be needed, plus food and drinks for 50 or so people.

Does anyone here have any contacts within the administration or athletic department to make this happen?

Maybe Smitty or Bobby the director of the prOWLers know people or can tell us who to get in contact with. I'm not sure how many people are members of this board that post regularly but i'm sure with some money from most of us we can come up with a huge number. Even if it's just $10 I'm sure it would help. I would hope FAU would say OK you've come up with x amount of dollars we'll splurge for the rest but somehow I'm doubting that will happen. Maybe we can let Hutton in on our plans maybe he can help us or maybe there are people who read his blog that don't know about this board and are willing to help the band

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

For all the away games that the people from student government go to (flight & food paid for) which is ridiculous.  The band should defiantly go to every single game.
Back to the top

Dexter would be the person to contact. He'll probably refer to Sean Todd for the buses.
A good rule of though for a ROUGH estimate of a trip:

1 bus for 1 day over 8 hour drive = $1,000 plus cost of hotel room for driver (must sleep - rules of the whatever agency)
Food? $32 a day x number of people going
Hotel room: $80 a night per room

Again, that's how I use to ROUGHLY estimate a cost of a trip when I planned student trips. This trip for the band - and remember THIS IS UNOFFICIAL AND ROUGH - would be about..

2 buses + 2 drivers = $2,000 a day.
leave at 12:01am on Saturday and return home Sunday at 3 a.m, - that's more than one day so figure it would be about $2500 total - not including bus driver gratuity.

50 people X $30 a day x 1 1/3 days = $2,000

Usually this kind of stuff takes at least three weeks to plan. For example: the prOWLers started planning for Sept. 22 trip to troy in June and the Dec. 1 trip to Troy while in Denton, Texas.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: