Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

the band needs a name

Add topic

What should the band's nickname be?

The Pride of the Atlantic
The Band of the Sand and Sea
The Sound of the Palm Beaches
The Glory from Glades
something else

You must select between 1 and 19 options

the band needs a name

most bands officially go by SCHOOL NAME [Marching] LOGO… like us, Florida Atlantic University Marching Owls… but before that, they have a nickname… i have compiled a list of the best nicknames (in my opinion)… i have tried to email the band director about this giving some ideas, but he has not respond, unfortunately… maybe some of the band members on this page could help us out (fautuba and faufasho and dmarkey)??

Miami - "The Band of the Hour"
Oklahoma - "Pride of Oklahoma"
Florida - "The Pride of the Sunshine"
Troy - "The Sound of the South"
Ohio State - "The Best Damn Band in the Land"
South Florida - "Herd of Thunder"
West Virginia - "Pride of West Virginia"
Arizona - "Pride of Arizona"
Arkansas - "The Best in Sight and Sound"
South Carolina - "The Mighty Sound of the Southeast"
Tennessee - "The Pride of the Southland"
UNLV - "The Star of Nevada"

MY IDEAS:
"The Pride of the Atlantic"
"The Sound of the Palm Beaches"
"The Glory from Glades"

any ideas out there?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: the band needs a name

How about:

The Motion of the Ocean? (Might be a lil risque  :o )

or

The Band of the Sand and Sea?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

added a poll to make this a little fun

Back to the top

Funny thing is we had a little talk about this stuff on a bus ride down to Dolphin Stadium a few seasons ago.  We used to call ourselves the Fighting Owl Marching Band, but branding or Nike didn't like it (I cant remember which but I remember Nike was brought up).  So we where going to start to go by BOMB (Burrowing Owl Marching Band).  It was nothing official, we just thought it sounded cool.  But nothing was official done until the new director came in and changed it to the Marching Owls.  If you didn't know he did all of his college work at FSU, the Marching Cheifs.

My vote would be for the Pride of the Atlantic.  It just seems to roll better then the other choices.  Also, one name that was left off the list: "The Sound of the Sun" - FIU. 

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FIU and USF have taken most of the sun-related monikers for their activities. We should stick to the water-related ones before FGCU claims them. "The Pride of the Atlantic" is a good choice.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

FIU and USF have taken most of the sun-related monikers for their activities. We should stick to the water-related ones before FGCU claims them. "The Pride of the Atlantic" is a good choice.

The Pride of the Atlantic was the first thing i thought of and tried to email Dr. Murray… he never responded…

FAUTuba could you set something up with Dr. Murray?  if you like it, we all like it, let's make it happen ;D

Back to the top

As information, a group of Owls is called a "Parliament."  The band is a group of Owls, but I cannot come up with a clever way to fit that into a nickname.  It may be too far out there because no one would understand the connection, but maybe someone has an idea.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Lm77 said

The Pride of the Atlantic was the first thing i thought of and tried to email Dr. Murray… he never responded…

FAUTuba could you set something up with Dr. Murray?  if you like it, we all like it, let's make it happen ;D

"Pride of the Atlantic" I like. The others (Motion of the Ocean?) seem pretty hokey to me.
Back to the top

fauowl said

As information, a group of Owls is called a "Parliament."  The band is a group of Owls, but I cannot come up with a clever way to fit that into a nickname.  It may be too far out there because no one would understand the connection, but maybe someone has an idea.

BTW, MTSU Fans could be called a "Pace."  That is a group of Asses (True, look it up).
Back to the top

this is what i came up with…. i dunno… i usually am more creative, but this is tough…

Back to the top
Control functions: