Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We need a new rival school

I think we would be better off finding a new school to rival ours. FIU is horrible! I had this discussion with my buddy "Teambeer" and  he said that UCF talks alot of trash about us. Another friend brought up that Troy is our new rival. I personally think USF is a healthy rivalry, although they have WVU.

What do you all think???

Go Owls!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Re: We need a new rival school

Funny to hear UCF talks trash but still don't want to play us! 

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

BocaCoop said

I think we would be better off finding a new school to rival ours. FIU is horrible! I had this discussion with my buddy "Teambeer" and  he said that UCF talks alot of trash about us. Another friend brought up that Troy is our new rival. I personally think USF is a healthy rivalry, although they have WVU.

What do you all think???

Go Owls!

I think it has to be a conference team, just my opinion.  If/when we win Saturday I think Troy will naturally become on rival.  MTSU would be a close second only because I can't stand their fans.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Don't take this personally, but I never hear any of my friends/fans talk about FAU, much less talk smack about FAU.

Unfortunately, you and FIU are on an island in the Sun Belt and there aren't too many teams close by. 
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

Don't take this personally, but I never hear any of my friends/fans talk about FAU, much less talk smack about FAU.

Unfortunately, you and FIU are on an island in the Sun Belt and there aren't too many teams close by.

Apparently you are a big shot at UCF to speak for the entire university.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

UCFKnight85 said

HAHA

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

UCFKnight85 said

I guess normal, civil talk is out the window here.  Flame all you want, but I've been in the Greek system, volunteered for SGA, was apart of the biggest Business society here, and now am a graduate assistant for an undergrad class of 200+.  In all my time on campus I've never heard anyone trying to flame FAU.  I don't even know why that would make you angry……people usually consider it a good thing.

But if it makes you feel better thinking people are insulting your university, so be it.
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

dusky256fc said

UCFKnight85 said

I guess normal, civil talk is out the window here.  Flame all you want, but I've been in the Greek system, volunteered for SGA, was apart of the biggest Business society here, and now am a graduate assistant for an undergrad class of 200+.  In all my time on campus I've never heard anyone trying to flame FAU.  I don't even know why that would make you angry……people usually consider it a good thing.

But if it makes you feel better thinking people are insulting your university, so be it.

I wasn't trying to flame, just being a little bit of a smart ass, no big deal.  Easy big fella.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

this is all worthless talk right now… in 3-5 years, USF UCF and FAU will all be in the Big East in the South Division when it expands to 12 teams… we'll most certainly all be rivals

;D

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

We need a new rival school

UCF and FAU might have once been destined as rivalries, but when UCF moved away, the rivalry option faded. Maybe, when they are both in CUSA, Big East or a revamped SunBelt …

Troy needs a rival (has none since it said goodbye to I-AA and Jacksonville State … and that was nasty.). Troy and UCF were well on their way to establishing one when UCF refused to play Troy any more.

MTSU and Troy are doing a better job at trying to become rivals (thanks to last year's "Miracle in Murphreesboro"), but the rivalry is largely manufactured. Well done, I must say, with the Palladium trophy, World's Largest Togo Party and more.

With WKU coming in, MTSU might gravitate in that direction.
Back to the top
Control functions: