Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Expensive mistake "Groody" is hurting the owls

This is my first post. Being a former high school kicker I couldn't help but comment.

Ever since The Voice named Groody the starting punter the punt team has been in some trouble. I missed the last game but heard from a fellow student that he average 34yards at best. Is there a reason they have chosen to go with the freshman.

On the other hand Leroy has been looking good. The place kicking situation is definitely rock solid.
Cant wait to watch the Troy game on TV.
Back to the top

Re: Expensive mistake "Groody" is hurting the owls

He was one of the 2007 signees. Could've been used for another position. IMO
Back to the top

I have never seen a worse punter than Groody in college football. I was sat the UF and USF games this year and our punts were awful. I not sure if it was groody in the usf game but the hang times on the punts are just pathttic. I really think a large amount of people in the crowds at the games could do a better job. It is like he is not even trying to get it that high in the air. Hangtime and distance are both crap. I think this will come back to haunt us on Saturday.
Back to the top

The thing is, if you watch Groody in warmups, he can really punt.  I don't know why that doesn't translate into good kicks during the games.  He does have a good leg though and he is just a freshman, so hopefully he'll develop into a weapon for the Owls.
Back to the top

I think we need to give hime a chance, the guy does have a great leg, he just need to develop his mental game.
Back to the top

Bytor said

I think we need to give hime a chance, the guy does have a great leg, he just need to develop his mental game.

I agree with Bytor. I seem to remember a skinny red headed QB, at the beginning of last year, that looked real awkward out there…my, how things change.
Back to the top

Expensive mistake "Groody" is hurting the owls

Yes this kid really does have a strong leg, believe it or not.  It's a shame he seems to freeze up in the  games and fluffs just about all of his kicks.  Give him another year and i think he will be a good one for us.
Back to the top

You can tell he isn't used to the speed of college football yet, he had much longer to punt in highschool.  It will come with time.
Back to the top

Did I read this right?  Our place kicking team is rock solid?  How many did Leroy miss versus USF?  He missed an extra point this past week…

The list goes on. 

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

NoInsideGame said

I have never seen a worse punter than Groody in college football. I was sat the UF and USF games this year and our punts were awful. I not sure if it was groody in the usf game but the hang times on the punts are just pathttic.

It was Warley Leroy that ****ed up the 3 USF punts, not Groody.

For what it's worth, I was over by the practice field today and I saw two guys practicing the punt… on a day off from practice.

That says to me that these guys care about doing well this weekend.
Back to the top
Control functions: