Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU's struggles are bugging me

Add topic

Just some outside observations:
Jeff Parmer needs to be more assertive.  He's shooting just under 50% from the field, and right at 50% from 3 point land…he's also a gifted passer…maybe using Parmer in a sixth man role where he doesn't feel like he's second fiddle in the post to Monroe may be something Walters should consider.  Start Royster up front and get Monroe a blow at 12:00 and back in at 5:00…just an idea…but ya'll desperatly need a consistant third scorer.
Xavier Perkins has put together back-to-back solid games…I saw him at URI and he is a strong, attacking guard, but he looked nervous and over-matched.  If he's getting comfortable he could be a big boost come conference time.
Sanchez Hughley, is he capable of significant minutes at the point?  He looked like a point guard…but he played sparingly against URI and once the game was out of hand…he was good against BC…and I was under-impressed with the Nwoji, Cuka, Alarcon trio ya'll are running out at point.
When Sammy Hernandez is eligible, is he expected to play at the 3?  From what I remember of him for George Mason he was quite bulky…a solid under-sized power forward.  Just wondering if theres any word on how he'll fit in.
Why have Royster's minutes gone down?  He looked great against URI, and has solid numbers in the next two games…since his minutes are way down.  I was really upset that FAU stole him out of UNT's backyard.
How bout this:
PG. Nwoji - really don't have a better option
SG. Graham - he's been great
SF. Royster - energy and athleticism
PF. Hernandez - strength and experience
C. Monroe - stud
Bench Rotation
F. Parmer
G. Perkins
F. Simmons
G. Hughley
Maybe Perkins instead of Royster starting against smaller SBC teams.
Just some ideas.

Good luck on yet another road trip this week…Fogg Allen is an amazing place and hopefully some of ya'll will have the chance to travel with your team to see it.

Back to the top

Re: FAU's struggles are bugging me

good stuff…..lovin it, that may be the scenario however i know you didn't get to see hughley and perkins play at their best, they didn't play at all last year except hughley had one maybe two games with little minutes and decided to take the redshirt because he admitted his shoulder was still bothering him…..they were are two top recruits for the freshmen class before, only played a couple games into this season so i think both of them will warm up and really get alot of time……i think we have seen just flashes of what they are capable of doing……

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Censored said

Sanchez Hughley, is he capable of significant minutes at the point?

no, hes more of a two, but not a true shooter…kind of a driver…very athletic though…

Back to the top

we continue to SUCK. What the hell is up with this team.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Taking time to gel, apparently.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Exit39 said

Taking time to gel, apparently.

LOL!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

So when is that bowl game again? LOL  ;)

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FAU's struggles are bugging me

time to gel? that's crap. monroe, graham, simmons, parmer, perkins, hugley, alarocorn have all played together for over a year. Nwoji came from a top junior college program. Royster and Owens are the only ones who need time to gel.

that smell isn't gel, its crap.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

time to gel? that's crap. monroe, graham, simmons, parmer, perkins, hugley, alarocorn have all played together for over a year. Nwoji came from a top junior college program. Royster and Owens are the only ones who need time to gel.

that smell isn't gel, its crap.

time to gel… time to get back on the horse…

you choose the excuse.
Back to the top

Time to recruit better players?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: