Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

49 FAU students going to Troy

You asked, they delivered.

According to the Facebook Event FAU vs TROY

(Facebook)

"FAU'S STUDENT GOVERNMENT HAS SPONSORED A 49 PASSENGER BUS TO GO TO ALABAMA THIS WEEKEND TO SUPPORT THE OWLS AS THEY STRIVE TO WIN THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

IF YOU ARE INTRESTED YOU MUST GO TO THE SECOND FLOOR OF THE UNIVERSITY CENTER IN THE SGA OFFICE AND SIGN UP.

If you need further information contact Sarah Huard at [email protected]"
Back to the top

!

I really do hope that SG can pull this off. It's not as easy as it looks. I hope they create a waiting list as well. I remember having over 250 people signed up for USF and UCF in 2002 and no more than 100 actually showed when the buses pulled up to take us away.  Unfortunately, a lot of students make impulse decision on these types of things and then forget they "have to work" or "go home for the weekend."

SG did their part - now students have to do theirs

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: 49 FAU students going to Troy

thats awesome!  hopefully they wear blue shirts…..red is too close to the troy colors
Back to the top

I just heard there are two travel plans - one leaving early Friday and arriving Friday afternoon and including a hotel night, transportation, game ticket, T-shirt and alumni tailgate party ($50); and the second leaving late Friday night and arriving in Troy early Saturday morning, including everything above but the hotel night stay ($20).

Both trips leave to Florida after the game Saturday night.

Both trips are a great value. I hope lots of students and fans sign up and force the school into larger or more buses.
Back to the top

49 FAU students going to Troy

BMarkey said

I just heard there are two travel plans - one leaving early Friday and arriving Friday afternoon and including a hotel night, transportation, game ticket, T-shirt and alumni tailgate party ($50); and the second leaving late Friday night and arriving in Troy early Saturday morning, including everything above but the hotel night stay ($20).

Both trips are a great value. I hope lots of students and fans sign up and force the school into larger or more buses.

Wow…both of those are great deals.  I hope these guys take advantage of this.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

BMarkey said

Wow…both of those are great deals.  I hope these guys take advantage of this.

Maybe fauowl09 can elaborate since he seems to know some people in SGA.
But yeah, it seems like an INCREDIBLE deal.
Wonder if they could do something like that for the Michigan State game…
only plane tickets instead of buses…
Back to the top

Are these buses only for students?
Back to the top

Here is what I found out from the current prOWLer director:
Because both trips are funded by SG, currently-registered students are only allowed to go.
The bus company screwed up and gave the prOWLers a bigger bus than they requested. It ended up being a good mistake. The $50 trip (with hotel) is on the "prOWLer bus."

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

…currently-registered students are only allowed to go.

BOOOOOOOOO!!  ;)
Back to the top

Yeah Ghost of Buch. Gotta love the state of Florida laws.

Back to the top
Control functions: