Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: FAU vs Kansas 11-28-07

Add topic

Re: Game Thread: FAU vs Kansas

jdirico said

To Aptebrown comment.

With all due respect rex has to say those things at this point. the team is 1-5 and probably about to fall apart.

"about to fall apart?" wow… do you watch FAU basketball at all?

- Sanchez Hughley led the Owls in scoring last night… a FRESHMAN
- Xavier Perkins' defense is really taking form and maturing - he made SportsCenter's Top 10 plays (NUMBER 2 ON THE NIGHT, MAY I ADD) for his unbelievable block on Brandon Rush
- Carlos Monroe was simply outmanned and outsized last night… he'll be fine as we head into conference play… last night was another "advanced training" as Coach S puts it in football…. (by the way, was the football team "about to fall apart" after starting off with a clobbering defeat at Ok State and Kentucky?)

you gotta hand it to Coach Walters… he is building a team with respect and winning… i don't know what Paul Graham did… none of us will probably EVER know what P.G. did… but like in 2004 when Coach S kicked our best receiver off the football team (Anthony C. Hill), Rex is leading by morals… i like this team and i think we are going to be a dominant sleeper in the Belt

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

-we lost by 40 points last night.
-we've got embarrassed by USF who's awful
-lost to Cleveland State by double figures.

There's no reason why were playing so bad right now. Hands down were playing like crap.
]
Perkins and Hugley should be playing well, they've been with the team going on two years now.

Nwoji should be comfortable running the point. A lot of guys he played with are playing on top 25 teams so the competition was there too.

Parmer played in the Big East and started on a weak Providence team as a freshman,the guy has yet to toughen up yet.

Monroe hasn't been in sync this year, don't know why.

Simmons is still a senior, he might be get out played but should be helping the younger guys out.

The Sunbelt is a pretty good conference in b-ball. I don't see how were going to compete and do well if were getting smoked USF.

I'm not surprised we lost to Kansas but 40 points in any college game is absurd. the game is only 40 minutes. there's no reason why we shouldn't at least cover the spread, 33 at tip.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

-we lost by 40 points last night.
-we've got embarrassed by USF who's awful
-lost to Cleveland State by double figures.

There's no reason why were playing so bad right now. Hands down were playing like crap.
]
Perkins and Hugley should be playing well, they've been with the team going on two years now.

Nwoji should be comfortable running the point. A lot of guys he played with are playing on top 25 teams so the competition was there too.

Parmer played in the Big East and started on a weak Providence team as a freshman,the guy has yet to toughen up yet.

Monroe hasn't been in sync this year, don't know why.

Simmons is still a senior, he might be get out played but should be helping the younger guys out.

The Sunbelt is a pretty good conference in b-ball. I don't see how were going to compete and do well if were getting smoked USF.

I'm not surprised we lost to Kansas but 40 points in any college game is absurd. the game is only 40 minutes. there's no reason why we shouldn't at least cover the spread, 33 at tip.

you can wallow in this all you want…but you're not being objective and ratrionale here bud…

im moving on to Saturday's game vs McNeese State… ;)

GO Owls!!!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

you can wallow in this all you want…but you're not being objective and ratrionale here bud…
im moving on to Saturday's game vs McNeese State… ;)
GO Owls!!!

They better win this. It's going to kill attendance otherwise.

In case anyone was wondering, there has been flyers "all over campus" (let's just say AOC) for the first home game. No banner. I haven't gotten an email about it either. It's Thursday now and by tomorrow half the campus will have their "Weekend Bags" ready to go and be off-campus. See:

http://media.www.upressonline.com/media/storage/paper518/news/2007/11/28/CurrentIssue/Weekend.Owls-3120114.shtml

Back to the top

Game Thread: FAU vs Kansas 11-28-07

owlcountry said

In case anyone was wondering, there has been flyers "all over campus" (let's just say AOC) for the first home game. No banner. I haven't gotten an email about it either. It's Thursday now and by tomorrow half the campus will have their "Weekend Bags" ready to go and be off-campus.

Bring back the balloon! It works - bigtime!!!

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Carlos Monroe was simply outmanned and outsized last night…

Yeah, this picture pretty much says it all

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2007/11/28/ku_bkc_fau_06_t800.jpg?
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Side Note:
Graham will return…no further comment…

I hope so… not only because he's a great player but also because the UP's recent article calls him and Monroe the "future of FAU basketball" …
Back to the top

I understand Rex has to say those things but you could sense genuine excitement.  I heard the interview and felt that Cohen and Walters both thought FAU played better than expected with the players they brought.

They did get killed so in the end it wasn't great, but hopefully they got something out of it.

This will be a good team come Sun Belt tournament time.
Back to the top

I like that even though we were getting blown out by UK (I know it's KU but if you read the media rant thread in the football section, there's a link to a Kansas newspaper where they call us FIU, so until they fix it I won't call them KU) Perkins still hustled and went back to play D and made a hell of a block against them. I'm glad they didn't give up, it definitely shows they have some promise.

These kids just as easily could have given up and let UK win by 60 but they still went out there and they did their best and I'm very impressed with a freshman that came back and played D and wouldn't give up so easily. If anyone saw the highlights of the block looks like the kid from UK was pretty shocked too lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

its early in the season……dont count them out…..we just need to win the conference games.

Lets get loud at the game tomm night…..anyone down?

I know Jab and I are heading over…….unless the football team wins then we are booking our deal for N.O. then going the the game
Back to the top
Control functions: