Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

recruiting

Does anyone know how were doing on the recruiting front? I hope with all the coaching changes going on this year will be able to keep some recruits in state rather than going out of state. I'm guessing this years class is going to be very small with only five seniors on the team.
Back to the top

Re: recruiting

I don't think anyone has committed yet but this is a list from scout.com

http://floridaatlantic.scout.com/a.z?s=445&p=9&c=4&yr=2008

We are mentioned along with a few big schools, maybe we can steal a few

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

It would be great if we got all three star prospects this year since last year we got all two star prospects last year:
Scout.com: Football Recruiting

That's definitely wishful thinking, although winning the title and the bowl would help (as Rusty Smith said in Ted Hutton's blog).

Check out four-star MLB prospect Petey Smith for '09:
Scout.com: Petey Smith Profile

Florida or Ohio State may snag him first though (and Auburn will probably get wind of him soon)
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

It would be great if we got all three star prospects this year since last year we got all two star prospects last year:
Scout.com: Football Recruiting

That's definitely wishful thinking, although winning the title and the bowl would help (as Rusty Smith said in Ted Hutton's blog).

Check out four-star MLB prospect Petey Smith for '09:
Scout.com: Petey Smith Profile

Florida or Ohio State may snag him first though (and Auburn will probably get wind of him soon)

The guy in '09 looks like a beast but maybe once some of the other H.S. prospects get wind of this guy considering FAU they'll start looking into it. Going to a bowl of course can only help us

Back to the top

yah the only recruiting rumors that i have heard is that we are actually getting named with some larger schools, it look slike we might steal a few studs on defense.....but no talk about getting Rusty more some nice weapons around him
Back to the top

Man it would be nice to get just one playmaker to come in for Rustys next two seasons. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

recruiting

Walty don't count out some of the kids we have now. Lester Jean, Darian Williams, Xavier Stinson. We still have a few guys that can play. Not saying I wouldn't want a 4 star athlete to sign here but next years team should be better then this years and Rusty will only get better

Back to the top

yah it would be nice to get a "thrasher", someone that is a deep threat, and can throw a ball.....man i would love to see that (but it is not Howards style)
Back to the top

Jarred Fayson just got released from his scholarship at UF. He would be a nice touch as a running back/wide reciever option player.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

BocaCoop said

Jarred Fayson just got released from his scholarship at UF. He would be a nice touch as a running back/wide reciever option player.

Is football like basketball where you have to sit out an entire year before you're allowed to play for a team you transfered to?

Back to the top
Control functions: