Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU - Troy TV?

So is CSS the only TV outlet for the FAU-Troy game?

As of a few minutes ago, it was NOT listed on the ESPN GamePlan schedule. Even the Sun Belt web site, which has offered fuzzy TV (pay, of course) of some FAU games in the past, lists only the FIU-North Texas game (!!) for this Saturday. As best I can determine, CSS is available only in the extreme SE portion of the country. I sent a message to the Sun Belt site asking that it at least offer the fuzzy pay-per-vier version. No response so far. I also sent messages to ESPN asking for a GamePlan pick up and to CSS asking whether it could make the game available via the web to the parts of the country that don't get CSS. No responses.
Back to the top

Re: FAU - Troy TV?

grayowl said

So is CSS the only TV outlet for the FAU-Troy game?

As of a few minutes ago, it was NOT listed on the ESPN GamePlan schedule. Even the Sun Belt web site, which has offered fuzzy TV (pay, of course) of some FAU games in the past, lists only the FIU-North Texas game (!!) for this Saturday. As best I can determine, CSS is available only in the extreme SE portion of the country. I sent a message to the Sun Belt site asking that it at least offer the fuzzy pay-per-vier version. No response so far. I also sent messages to ESPN asking for a GamePlan pick up and to CSS asking whether it could make the game available via the web to the parts of the country that don't get CSS. No responses.

from what i know, ESPN will not carry the game via game plan…and CSS is actually producing the game in its entirety - usually they just carry and ESPN+ feed….

whcih means it will onyl eb available in the CSS coverage area…
Back to the top

What ever happened to the away FAU games being aired on local TV (WTCN and Channel 33 out of Miami)?

Troy's CSS games are simulcast on local on-air affiliates in Troy, Montgomery, Dothan, Birmingham and Pensacola/Fort Walton Beach.

Back to the top

There are some people that believe that the game will be televised on Fau's Campus…….i heard from an offical on campus that it will not be b/c they do not get CSS

Please dont show up to Cactus Jacks looking for the game….they prb wont be showing it…..must go to Ale House, Duffys, or some other sports bar!
Back to the top

FAU - Troy TV?

Nunzio42 said

There are some people that believe that the game will be televised on Fau's Campus…….i heard from an offical on campus that it will not be b/c they do not get CSS

Please dont show up to Cactus Jacks looking for the game….they prb wont be showing it…..must go to Ale House, Duffys, or some other sports bar!

yes, after we spoke i did go to verify it would be aired at Cayote Jack's on Campus, spoke to the manager, and IT WILL NOT be aired there whatsoever…so don't show up there anyone!!!

The guy actually caught a little "attitude" when i asked him how come?  I guess they are upset that they cant get the biggest game of the year after the shoiwng they had versus UF (standing room only and tight at that), when they probably sold more wings in one day than they did for the whole month prior!

Back to the top

CSS is available on campus and in the dorms (unless it changed in the last couple of months). I have watched it there myself. CSS is offered by Comcast, which is the local CATV provider.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

CSS is available on campus and in the dorms (unless it changed in the last couple of months). I have watched it there myself. CSS is offered by Comcast, which is the local CATV provider.

I know that Coyote Jacks doesn't get CSS which is why the watch party is at Duffys instead

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

It really is a shame that no one at FAU or even the Sun Belt Conference office has the clout to get the championship game offered, even if pay-per-view, to those of us outside the deep southeast.
Back to the top

I can't believe this game won't be on gameplan. What are they thinking? Anyone know if it will be on SNY in NY/Northeast?
Back to the top

This really is an insult to alums of FAU and Troy who don't live in the limited distribution area for CSS. I'm in Denver, and the nearest CSS outlet for me is in Arkansas or someplace. The Sun Belt Conference, in its infinite wisdom, chose to video stream the Toilet Bowl (North Texas at FIU, the battle for last place) instead of the championship game. I e-mailed a question to the Sun Belt office and got a non-responsive answer, which suggested I go to Arkansas or West Virginia or someplace that offered the CSS network. FAU doesn't offer any video on the web, nor does Troy. I checked the DirecTV schedule, and no station (including SNY, which has carried a couple of FAU games this year) has it listed. I checked the Comcast cable schedule for this area (it 'serves' a good portion of Colorado), and it is not carrying the game.

Great work, universities and Sun Belt! You had a chance to present a championship game nationwide and you blew it. Are we surprised? Oh, well, I'm sure those who see the North Texas (2-9 overall) at FIU (0-11 overall, 23-game losing streak) match-up will be duly impressed with what the Sun Belt has to offer.
Back to the top
Control functions: