Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Bowl in Boca Raton at FAU! Rumor?

These threads were posted on Beltboard.com and ncaabbs.com

Anyone know if there may be some truth to it?

Rumor: New Bowl in Boca Raton (FAU) (Main Board)
posted by ManzanoWolf  , Albuquerque, 11-29-2007, 21:15, from 68.35.57.132

Saw this thread on the CUSA Board and it may or may not have any credibility, but . . .

New Bowl in Boca Raton?

hear rumors about a new bowl game in Boca Raton in the near future. ADT as title sponsor. To be played in FAU's new stadium. SBC vs SEC/BE/ACC.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=266525

AND

Rumor: New Bowl in Boca Raton (FAU) (Main Board)
posted by WKU Slam Dunk, 11-29-2007, 21:18, from 74.141.89.56

Interesting… our ad had said that our game at FAU next year was a "dress rehearsal" for a bowl game. Coincidence?

AND

New Bowl in Boca Raton?

hear rumors about a new bowl game in Boca Raton in the near future. ADT as title sponsor. To be played in FAU's new stadium. SBC vs SEC/BE/ACC.

This should open up other bowls for CUSA. ;-)

http://www.beltboard.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=31818&page=0&category=all&order=timehttp://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=266525

Anyone hear anything else related or any other posts anywhere else?
Back to the top

Re: New Bowl in Boca Raton at FAU! Rumor?

Na never heard anything like that, but it would be a great way to get funding for the stadium.  Esp with the amount of Corp. Headquarters in the local area…..
Back to the top

the posters on there are complete (pardon my french) dumba$$es…….

first of all, why does everyone thinnk Boca Raton is an "old people" town?  The median age is 42…hellooooooo?!

*Bueller*…….*Bueller*…….

secondly, its is so comical how these malinformed "fans" (like the guy from mephis, whose team got waxed by TWO SBC OPPONENTS this year) want to talk smack…

brign your sorry team down here (regardless of where the game is played) and we'll see what happens…

lastly, they are all too dumb to realize that if this possiblity becomes a reality, which it very well may, it would be there OWN BID that gets the wax to open it up for our new stadium…

im starting to like Mr Ho's prediciton that the cusa remorphs into something different and the SBC gets USM, etc more and more…

But they need to lay off HS…not a one of them has done anything, or accomplished anything that even permits them to openly criticize an iconic head coach like him…and i would say this even if i wasnt an Owl fan…give respect where it is due…dumba$$es…….

ok, im done now…….
Back to the top

wasnt there a thread recently with a UCF post claiming that he had never heard a UCF student ever say anything bad about FAU.  Seems like all there posts that I just read were bad.  "bag of wind" , "never believe anything that comes from FAU".. the list goes on.
Back to the top

Let's ignore their comments and talk about the subject - this is the first I've heard about a bowl in Boca. Is there any substance to the rumor?
Back to the top

New Bowl in Boca Raton at FAU! Rumor?

This is ridiculous.  A bowl in a 30,000 seated stadium?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

It might well be ridiculous. Then again…the Humanitarian Bowl, NCAA-sanctioned, is played in Broncos Stadium at Boise State in Idaho. The seating capacity there is 30,000 on the dot, according to the Boise State website. That's the one with the blue turf. Given a choice of 30,000 seats in the winter in Boise, Idaho or Boca Raton…hmmmm, let's see. I guess I'd take Boca. This is not to criticize the wonderful job Boise State has done with football, or even the area, which is a gateway to beautiful mountains.

The thing about adding bowl games, or getting NCAA-sanctioning, is that some existing bowls don't draw all that well. I wonder whether a failing bowl might be moved.  But when you think of the attractiveness of South Florida in the winter, and the area's capability for drawing and entertaining snowbirds from all over, perhaps there is a chance. After all, the Orange Bowl stadium, may it rest in peace, is going away. ProPlayer/Joe Robbie/Dolphins Stadium (whatever it is these days) already has something going, I think. The new FIU Stadium won't be big enough, at least at the start.

One other thing to consider: I always have wondered why Chattanooga gets the Division I-AA championship every year. If you were following your team through the I-AA playoffs, would you rather have a weekend in Chattanooga or in South Florida? My understanding is that this is open to bids.
Back to the top

FWIW- The "West is Best" guy on that board is a notorious loon. A month or two ago he projected a new bowl game to be played in Houston's stadium.

He's full of rumors, but interestingly never has sources for any of them…….
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Let's ignore their comments and talk about the subject - this is the first I've heard about a bowl in Boca. Is there any substance to the rumor?

that is part of the subject - substance…did you read the comments?  they purport it is a rediculous notion…

persoanlly, i dont see why…

and whats wrong with 30,000 seats for a Bowl?

Here's last years Bowl Attendance figures for lesser Bowls…surprise surprise…now how rediculous is the notion of a Bowl in Boca in a BRAND NEW Stadium that holds 30k?? ;)

26,423 New Orleans Bowl
26,717 International Bowl
31,470 Champs Sports Bowl (held in Orlando, Florida)
32,023 PapaJohns .com Bowl
36,847 Ponsietta Bowl

Avg = 30.7k
Back to the top

I agree with the UCF guy on this one.. If it's even the least bit true give us a source. Anyone can make any accusation. I think the 2011 BCS championship game will be played in Boca Raton at the new campus stadium (before anyone takes this out of context I am kidding lol). Unless this guy reveals sources or can quote someone I wouldn't listen

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: