Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: FAU vs Troy 12-01-07

Add topic

Here is today's gae day thread:

LINK: WMEN 640AM Interner Radio Broadcast of game; FAU vs Troy, 2:00pm
Click on Listen LIVE:

Back to the top

Re: Game Day Thread: FAU vs Troy

Hey Bytor,

WIll the chat room be up today? Sounds like a lot of folks will need it with the TV situation.

GO OWLS

GAMEDAY BABY.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

The biggest game of the year or for the program for that matter & I did not get my Pre-Game Thoughts out  >:(

Here are a few general thoughts:

03 was a huge game for the Owls that had a chance to build momentum of execitment as the Owl marched to the semi-final game against Colgate, in front of the largest crowd to witness an Owl game at Lockhart, until this year's USF game.

But, this game against Troy has so much more meaning for the continued development of this program.  With a win today, going bowling is HUGE on many levels, extra practice time (sort of like a mini spring practice sesssion), what it means as far as recruiting and the extra $$$ that will be generated for the program & conference - these are the things that help create growth for the future.

Troy has been the most dominant team in the belt this season and have feature a much improved offense, then previous years where they rellied on their defense for the most part.  I see them using a very balanced attack to keep the Owls Defense on their heal, the worst thing that can happen for the Owls defense is to react instead of trusting their abilities, teamates & coachs and just play hard and aggressive.

Things that the owls will need to do to get a victory today:

on Offense:  We will need a very good preformance from the front line, who have done a great job all year protecting Rusty and now will have to step-up and also provide running lanes, we will have to establish the run today if we have ANY chance of winning this game, if we are held to under 125 yards, then it will be a very long day for our offense to find consitent drives.  We can not allow ourselves to be in third and long all day, it's not like we have the best 3rd down conversion ratio, we need to set-up short yardage situations for us to find success today.  And let the BIG plays develop, they will be there and patients will be key here and not force them.  Rusty has been very good doing so all season an I expect him to continue to make good solid decisions, the recievers have been much better as of late, so I expect them to continue to help Rusty get good numbers, but will it be good enough.

On Defense:  The decimated line has for the most part played solid with the absent of key players as of late and will have to have a SOLID day and control the line.  They will have to find a way to colaspe the pocket and keep Omar contained and make quicker decisions, if he has all day to throw (much like Rusty) he will tear you apart in the seondary, so getting pressure on Omar will be a key focal point and the defense will have to extend a huge amount of energy for 60 minutes with continued aggressive play.  We need to create some confusion for the Troy offense and do some of the similar things the Gators did.

Overall:  How will the players responde to the added pressure that this game presents.  This is what they have been talking about all season and have put themselves in position to makes amends for the Monroe lost, but more importantly, to acheive what they set out to do at the beggining of the season - WIN a conference Championship.  Can they win this game, YES, but will have to remain focus for 60 minutes, at least they won't have to worry about playing down to the opponents level of play, because Troy plays at a high level and mistakes will have to be kept to a minimum.  The team is playing at a higher level then they have all season and are clicking at the right time, will it be enough to pull out an upset victory againt the Trojans.  This is a team we have yet to beat and Troy have shown why they are the team to beat and what the Owls inspire to become, because Troy plays solid ball for 60 minutes and the Owls will have to not only match that intensity, but rise above it to claw-out a victory.

Prediction:  FAU  31  Troy 28
Back to the top

Yes, I will provide a link as we gt loser to game time

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Hey Bytor. This is it, for all the marbles. Glad to hear the chat room will be up.  ;)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Game Day Thread: FAU vs Troy

Plugged teh chat rooma and message boards on Teddy's blog.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Hey Bytor where is the link for the chat room? Thanks!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Talon it's D-Owl how is Nick ? Hope he can go today ! I have to listen to it on the radio. Just waiting, and waiting !  
Back to the top

Yeah where's the chat room ? Go Owlssssssssssss !!!!!
Back to the top

I havge opened the chat room, look for link in first post
Back to the top
Control functions: