Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Congrats from the Tigers

Congrats on your championship today. We are looking forward to a good game on the 21st. It is nice to see cocky teams get their just desserts when they get over confident and start counting their chickens before they are hatched.
Back to the top

Re: Congrats from the Tigers

Amen to that. See ya in Nawlins.
Back to the top

Congrats from the Tigers

ncrdbl1 said

Congrats on your championship today. We are looking forward to a good game on the 21st. It is nice to see cocky teams get their just desserts when they get over confident and start counting their chickens before they are hatched.

Nice foreshadowing… but yeah! Thanks for the congrats!
Back to the top

thanks! i agree it is nice to see a team like troy lose esp when their fans thought they would walk all over us
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

thanks! i agree it is nice to see a team like troy lose esp when their fans thought they would walk all over us

15 point walk, don't forget.

But that's water under the bridge now.
Back to the top

Cocky my ass.

Neither Troy nor FAU should have to play a team that doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game, yet gets lucky because its extremely weak conference got lucky years ago with bowl tie-ins.

The Tigers were defeated by two middle of the road SunBelt teams and either FAU or Troy would hand them their third loss to a 'Belt team this year.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

Cocky my ass.

Neither Troy nor FAU should have to play a team that doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game, yet gets lucky because its extremely weak conference got lucky years ago with bowl tie-ins.

The Tigers were defeated by two middle of the road SunBelt teams and either FAU or Troy would hand them their third loss to a 'Belt team this year.

honestly, we could say the same thing about FAU…Troy had their bags packed and ready to go, they we're clearly the best team in the belt…but because of an up-set we're playing a 7-5 (just like us) Sun Belt champ.

i think it'll be a good game either way…but don't start counting chickens…you guys will LOVE the New Orleans Bowl…it's a LOT of fun…we won it back in 2004 against 3 time Sun Belt champ North Texas.

good luck guys…see you there!

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

visit us at memphistigers.org
Back to the top

Troy was not the best team in the Sun Belt this year, we just beat them.  Our only loss in conference was due in large part to the biggest BS official decision most of us have ever seen.

I don't think anyone on here is really "counting their chickens before they hatch".  But, its not like D'Angelo Williams is still at Memphis!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

UofMemphis said

BMarkey said

Cocky my ass.

honestly, we could say the same thing about FAU…Troy had their bags packed and ready to go, they we're clearly the best team in the belt…but because of an up-set we're playing a 7-5 (just like us) Sun Belt champ.

i think it'll be a good game either way…but don't start counting chickens…you guys will LOVE the New Orleans Bowl…it's a LOT of fun…we won it back in 2004 against 3 time Sun Belt champ North Texas.

good luck guys…see you there!

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

We apologize for comments made before this e-mail and we are looking forward to a great game with Memphis, but it takes nerve to come on our Blog and say that Troy was clearly the best Sunbelt team!

WE (FAU nation) knew that we could beat Troy and that we were the best team in the Sunbelt (and that's not being cocky–maybe confident)!  All of our predictions called for a victory!  We knew we were the better team–not taking anything away from Troy!  It all comes down to disciplined team football!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

I just glad that the schools have different team colors. If not it may be hard to tell one team from the other. Based on NCAA statistics these teams look like carbon copies of each other. Both have Quarterbacks that stand in the pocket and rip the other teams to pieces. Neither very mobile but they do not have to be due to great protection from the lines. Both teams have modest at best running games. I think the Tigers are deeper at receiver going 6 deep but the Owls have two very good receivers. I found it interesting that your primary RB is not a part of the passing game. Not a single completion to your starting running back this year. To be honest with you it will be nice not to go up against another of those running type QBs. Of course with his arm i am not looking forward to having him sit back in the pocket all day either.
Back to the top
Control functions: